Is 18,000 AED Salary good enough

Hi Forum,

My name is Mark, I am currently in discussion with Schneider Electric concerning a Job role in Abu Dhabi and the are offering a fixed figure of about $5000, (18,365 EAD) as Salary all inclusive. No support for housing,  Children academics, transport or anything else.

I am sensing this is quit low considering the role of a Field Service Engineer. Please I need advice and comments on likely minimum Salary in such situation. I have 3 Children, 5,3 & 1 years respectively and  I hear school fees are quit high and so is accommodation as well.

Please help out with your comments and advice.

Mark

Hello
I can't help with the salary but I was wondering  what you do for childcare?
We are moving to Rad Al Khiamah in August and need childcare for our children.
Thanks.

ainoko wrote:

Hi Forum,

My name is Mark, I am currently in discussion with Schneider Electric concerning a Job role in Abu Dhabi and the are offering a fixed figure of about $5000, (18,365 EAD) as Salary all inclusive. No support for housing,  Children academics, transport or anything else.

I am sensing this is quit low considering the role of a Field Service Engineer. Please I need advice and comments on likely minimum Salary in such situation. I have 3 Children, 5,3 & 1 years respectively and  I hear school fees are quit high and so is accommodation as well.

Please help out with your comments and advice.

Mark

Welcome to Expat.com.

Whilst waiting for others to reply please take the time to read through the posts in the forum categories list on the right hand side of this page for information.

I dont know myself. I am moving with 3 Kids and will need some maid for support. I hear it will cost close to 2k A year to get a maid.

It's expensive in Abu DHabi. I think you need at least 2 times that salary. Schools and housing are very expensive.

18,000 It's enough