Looking for Housesitting/Caretaker Couple in Paradise

Hello All!

I'm looking for a year-round house-sitting/caretaker couple for Finca Bambu on Boca Brava Island by Boca Chica, Chiriqui.  He: handy all-rounder - house and garden; She: All-rounder - cooking and cleaning;  For You: Monthly income and Free brand-new, private 2-bedroom Guesthouse on grounds;
Reliable, independent couple to represent absentee owner.
Email: ***

Moderated by Priscilla 3 months ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi JFM1 and welcome to :)

Can you please post this job offer in the Panama job offers > personal and household services here : ?

Thank you,

Priscilla team

Good day
We had a house in Bocas Del Toro, 4,5 hectare at Tierra Oskura but we sold it two months ago and we are very interested in the pacific side of Panama. Can you give more details regarding this house sit, from when is it on a island, electricity or solar transport etc.
Do you have any pictures etc
Betsie and Abie

Thank you for your reply< betsie and Abie,

Here is some additional information.

My property, Finca Bambu is a 5-acre lot directly on the water on Boca Brava Island including beachfront. Boca Brava Island is located across from Boca Chica Village in Chiriqui. Everything on the grounds will be brand-new. There is a main house, 2 smaller studios with kitchenettes, a pool, tennis court with small tennis cabana, and a privately-located Caretaker/Guest-house on the grounds. The construction will be completed in January 2017 with scheduled February 2017 move-in date.

I will not be living there permanently and will be visiting sporadically for weeks at a time, initially totally not more than 3-6 months/year (spread out over the year).

I am looking for a reliable and independent couple long-term, who will live on the grounds all-year. As I mentioned in the ad: someone who is handy in the garden and house, responsible for general maintenance, as well as someone who likes to cook and will monitor the cleaning. In my absence, it is important to have someone on the property to represent me, keep an eye on everything, for general upkeep and security purposes. A driver’s license is necessary.

I would provide the brand-new apartment  free of charge. You will receive monthly income plus a monthly utility fee (water, electricity, cable, and internet). There are brand-new electrical, cable, internet water systems of high US standards.

Since you owned your own house and land, are you looking into buying another property. Boca Brava is another beautiful cornerof Pamama paradise, howoever, I am not selling anything at this time.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with your questions. I would appreciate hearing more about you and your Panama intentions at your convenience.

All the best,
Jodi Mays

My wife and I may be interested. We are retired and have spent three months in the Volcan area.  We will be house sitting in Volcan mid October to December, then will be house sitting in Costa Rica for the month of December. After that we do not have anything scheduled.    Gardening, cooking and minor maintenance is in our skill base.  We do have property in the US and will need to arrange time to go back occasionally.  Happy to discuss this in detail and provide references. 

M. D. Egerman

Thank you for the response, We will email you directly to continue with questions.

My wife and I are taking a early retirement and plan on moving to Panama in Jan or Feb of 2017. This House sit sounds very interesting, I am a forest Tech and an avid gardener, my wife in a social worker and is very good at taking care of the home and is an excellent cook ( she enjoys cooking for others).
The only thing holding us up right now is, we have to sell our house before we move. Our house sits on 12 acres which I take pride in keeping it looking great.
If you are interested, you can contact us at any time at ***

Barry Martin

Moderated by Priscilla 3 months ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

2005 – 2008 ­ CENTRAL AMERICA (Costa Rica, Honduras and Nicaragua) and
BRAZIL working with local O.N.G. (Preserving endangered species, native
communities and territories) and working at Resort, Restaurants and Inns.
2008 – 2011:  ITALY­Lake Garda
Managing Directors of Restaurant/Pizzeria/Campsite overlooking the Lake
September 2011­July 2012: MEXICO­Hollbox Island, Quintana Roo
ECO RESORT CHIMAY 5 star (2 hectares property) front of the beach.
Our responsibility:
Luglio 2012 – November 2012: BELIZE­Placencia,
Ltd .RESORT ADVENTURES KAYAAK CLUB 4 star, beach front, in the role
of Housekeeping /Innkeepers/Caretaker.
November 2012 – April 2013 : PANAMA ' – Arcipelag Pearls Islands (Pacific coast)
Bed and Breakfast, individual properties and rental Business vehicles (ATV) in the role
of Manager responsible for staff management, Innkeepers Housekeepers, Caretaker.
April 2013 – July 2013 : PANAMA ' – San Blass Islands
Archipelago consisting of more than 400 islands in the
Caribbean Sea in Guna Yala Indigenous Communities (Second smallest tribes in the
world after the Pygmies)
July 2013 – October 2014: PANAMA – Azuero peninsula.
Bed and Breakfast LA BUSSOLA – owners/administrators
Begin to work with
(See travelers reviews:LaBussolaB&B, Las Escobas de el Venao, PEDASI)
November 2014 – August 2015 : PANAMA’­ Santa Catalina – National Park of
Coiba –
MANAGERS Hotel&Restaurant – PADI Resort (Lonley Planet,Ulysse,Trip Advisor,
Facebook, Approximately propreties of 2 ha sea front. Private beach
and free space for camping
September 2015 – Actually : PANAMA’ – Santa Fe de Ver aguas
Currently we live in a small town in the mountain.

Hi everyone,

@ angorwat, you should probably drop your cv in the proper section of the website so that interested members may contact you.

Jobs in Panama

All the best,

How much is the salary?

Thank you for your inquiry. The position has been filled.

Questions and answers about the labor market

Ask your question
Opening a company
By Castanheira
Looking for work.
By pgiamos
Annj Herrera
Looking for a job in Panama
By Annj Herrera
Annj Herrera
looking for a call center company
By Annj Herrera