Adapting to the climate in Ghana

Hello everyone,

Adjusting to new climatic conditions is key in any expatriation process. Moving to Ghana is no exception.

What are the climate characteristics of Ghana?

How does the local weather impact your daily life, mood or health?

What are the pros and cons of the climate in Ghana?

Share you advice and help people adapt quickly to their new weather environment.

Thanks in advance,

Priscilla

I'm sure people coming to Ghana are aware that Ghana is hot. From September to April it is hot and dry and May to August is hot and wet. Around Christmas is the time of the Harmattan when it is hot but the humidity is very low and it is very dusty. June/July are the coolest months and it is often overcast with heavy rain showers.
Depending on where you are coming from it will take time to adjust but most people enjoy the sunshine.

Just left Accra on Thursday to Atlanta, and as much as Atlanta weather is predictable , Accra weather isn't. I almost fell like I left from a ski trip in Accra heading to sub sahara Atlanta. Let's not conceal the fact that Ghana can entertain some very cool and cold days, especially cool night's along the coast, and if you think the weather knows where you from, you could be in for a surprise flu, cold symptoms and possibly pneumonia.

When in Accra, be prepared for anything even snow, which I wish for so badly in Accra.