Harry Potter fans in HCM???

Hi Expats,

I'm looking for a possible movie theatre
that would be showing Harry Potter VII.
Hopefully with VN captions
so I can bring a Vietnamese friend with me.

I've read all the books (some twice)
and can't wait to see the final episodes.
Any other HP fans out there?

I'm not real familiar with downtown Saigon,
but I can get to the Notre Dame Cathedral
by bus from Quan 9.

Any suggestions?
Any other fans?

I've got Monday, Dec 27th off.
Am thinking of going that afternoon.
Let me know if you'd like to meet there?

Thanks,
Brother Donald

i'm also looking for the same thing...

i saw a poster of hp7 about 2 weeks ago at diamond plaza, near notre dame but haven't checked about the cinemas yet...

Dear Mr Donald
I'm Quyen. I'm fan of HP.
I watched HP7 one time already, but i want to see one more time because the film very very interested.
I think you can go to Galaxy Nguyen Du, Quan 1. The cinema there really good and also the location in city center.
I would like to see the cinema with you on Monday 27th Dec.
If you interesting, please let me know.
Have a good day.

yes, big potter fan myself. i watched the movie at galaxy, nguyen du street, a few weeks ago, and i dont think it will be still showing, coz movies in saigon seem to run for 2-3 weeks n thats it. and all cinemas here have vietnamese subtitles, so that shouldnt be a problem. unfortunately u might be a bit too late to catch it in the local cinemas

I like  the megastar cinema. You can register and book ticket online. here is the link.

http://megastar.vn/index.aspx?AspxAutoD … &visLang=2

The one in Parkson Hung Vuong is the biggest and best one I think. I like window shopping for waiting time before the show.
Cheers

i've watched hp VII last Saturday !!! it's was amazing.....

Oh wow, I can't imagine that I will meet fans of Harry Potter here.
I am new at this web site, I think I missed some interesting things, didn't I?
I'm a big fan of Harry Potter, I'd like to make friends with all of you who love HP.

hello everyone!

Finally, a Harry Potter forum! I'm new here in HCMC and have always been interested for any English movie houses in the city centre. I haven't found one yet but this forum certainly cleared that one out. Thank you so much guys for the suggestion...I'm a huge harry potter fan myself. I've read the books countless of times already. I'm quite scared to watch the movie because HP movies aren't really at par with the book (as with mostly books-turned-movies in Hollywood). however, i'll only torment myself if I won't watch it so will definitely watch the movie now that I know where to go.:)

"I open at the close"...:( (now I feel so geeky!) lol

To my fellow HP Fans in HCM --

I am back in the USA for the summer,
but hope to return to HCM in August.
Hope to see Harry Potter Number 7 Part II
if I can.
It should be out sometime in July.
Probably arriving in HCM by August.
Hope I don't miss it.
Watch for signs and ads at Diamond Plaza.
I'd be glad to go see it when I return.

Brother Donald

I am also a HP fan. Count me in if you guys go for Part II in HCMC later.

hey... i've heard that the HP 7 part II won't be shown in vietnam, is that right??? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... i've been waiting for so loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong...!! I CAN'T STAND IT!!

OMG!!! watching fake dvd at home @@... what about the big wonderful screen in a large dark room with huge sounds and 3d glasses.....???? (i'm writing with tears dropping... lol)

Love everything of HP, both books and movies:) I've been waiting HP 7 part 2 for so long but it's really sad to hear that it won't be shown in VN:(

This is a result of Warner Bros' decision to stop investing in some Asian markets, namely Vietnam and China.  Sad that fans like us are missing out on the final installment of this franchise due to commercial reasons.

But lucky for us, some genius invented TORRENT!! Watched Deathly Hallows II twice now and its just awesome.  Only downside is, NO 3D effects...

If there's a chance that we watch this movie here (English version of course), I'd like to join :)