Living in Hungary...import taxes in Hungary?

In 2011 I will work in Hungary (I'am from Croatia) and I'am in need for new phone:)

My decision was iPhone 4 but I found very simmilar and cheaper Sciphone i9+++.

Can somone explain what is my import duty's in Hungary? The mobile is around 100$

Can I put my name on shipping address?

Please HELP...I do't know where to ask about my problem :rolleyes:

black13angel wrote:

In 2011 I will work in Hungary (I'am from Croatia) and I'am in need for new phone:)

My decision was iPhone 4 but I found very simmilar and cheaper Sciphone i9+++.

Can somone explain what is my import duty's in Hungary? The mobile is around 100$

Can I put my name on shipping address?

Please HELP...I do't know where to ask about my problem :rolleyes:

If the phone is in Croatia, you could just collect it from there as it's not that far away. If you bring it from the USA (as you say the phone costs $100 - USD 100), you'll have to pay duty on the import plus VAT at the prevailing rate. If you ship using a courier, they will charge you the taxes AND they will also charge you a fee for administration costs (also subject to VAT). The rate of duty depends very specifically on the item. If you know someone in Croatia near an EC border (Slovenia, Hungary), they should just cross the border with the item and post it to you. The tax free import allowance only applies to things "you" physically transport yourself. The tax free import amount from outside the EC is something around EUR 400 worth of goods.

If you already have a working phone in Croatia, it will work in Hungary just fine. You can just change the sim card. If you don't have the phone and you want to buy it and bring it with you, just bring it with you (leave the box at home). It's your personal goods like your clothes, shoes and toothbrush.