Close

Salary After Taxes = Net Income?

Hi,

I was offered a job position in Budapest with a "After Tax Salary" of 300K to 360K HUF.

I am a bit confused with the After Tax Salary. Does that mean that the 300K to 360K monthly will be the net income, meaning that will be my "take home" income and no more deductions will be applied?

I hope someone will answer this question. Thanks!

After taxes is net income.

300,000 HUF is more of a liveable wage.
I hope someone let's you know the tax rate here, it's high I know that but I do not work in Hungary, just living off my past "slavery" as a retired person from the US in HU.
I am not sure about the going exchange rates but 300,000 HUF is about $1,200 in US dollars before taxes.
I am also not sure but do believe this is quoted to you before taxes in Hungary, I hate to guess though.
Rents have gone up in Budapest so even a studio apt. could be a big chunk out of your take home pay. Food is reasonable here if you cook at home.
My cousin lives in the Philippines on USDI which is a bit higher then
$1,200 but not much more, he takes care of his wives family but isn't living large over there either, big family.He also was spending some of his income on his church business and getting school books to kids over there, got to be too much for him I think because he has moved from that village to another several hundred miles away.
Hope someone who actually works in HU gets back to you with more details, you can do it for 300,000 but not living super large, not sure how much support you wanted to send home .
My husband had been seriously looking into prices in the Philippines and Thailand, overall it costs about the same or a bit less in Hu to live then over there, health insurance for ex-pats and other details made the low costs over there add up when one really looked into things.

Ask for your gross salary, then go to http://www.nettober.com/index.php?p=berkalk20170101 and enter your monthly gross into the first field, enter number of children into second, if any, and click Szamol.

Beware that lots of companies pay their employees at least partly in cash (i.e. without paying taxes after the whole sum, as required by law), this has advantages and disadvantages. If they don't tell you the exact gross salary, something's fishy.

Thank you! Will ask the company about the gross now.

Expatriate health insurance in Hungary

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Hungary

Moving to Hungary

Find tips from professionals about moving to Hungary

Travel insurance in Hungary

Enjoy stress-free travel to Hungary

Flights to Hungary

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Hungary