Marketing a company in Phnom Penh

Hello expat world, I currently run a cafe in Phnom Penh called Mère and am having difficulties knowing how and where to get our name out. I was thinking about contacting a radio station to get an ad on there but is that effective? Do locals and expats a like listen to the radio? I have all these ideas I would normally use in the USA but obviously, things are a bit different out here. The cafe is veered heavily towards expats so I am just looking for some advice on how I can reach them! Any help would be appreciated as I am still very new to PP and have to find my grounding. Thank you in advance :)

Well on a personal note I would like too there m where is it?

Oh spell check , I would like to go there myself , where is it?

Hey there, my wife and I would like to check it out as well. Just let us know where it is!

Sorry, I have no clue how to help you with the marketing thing!

haha Thanks guys! Mère Café is located on street 214 between 63 and 51. We are open 7 days a week, 7 am to 9 pm. Our cocktail menu is available everyday after 5 pm and we have live music Friday and Saturday nights. Please come join us anytime you want! :)

@ kawehierin > Please note that advertising your café is not allowed on Expat.com, i invite you to register it in the business directory.

Hope that some other members will guide you on how you can market your café.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

I might be there by the end of May, hope  to see you there.

Ah ok! My apologies, I will look in to that now. Thank you!

Hi !
I dont think radio ads is a good idea.
First figure out = who is Your main client ?
If tourists = they must know about You before coming here ( social media(like Facebook etc), tour agencies, tripadvisers and so on.

If expats = quite different.

I know some places , where expats and locals come to learn English ( private lessons ).
Expats coming to teach,
sometimes 1 private teacher is spending many hours for such private lessons.

So imagine whats the type of place it should be.

As for ads = You can advertise it among expats "for Your private English lessons"

Anyway You need:

-Your place must be easily found both for locals and for expats
-good wifi
-air conditioning
-good choice of coffee and drinks
-some meal

If it will be set for private lessons - consider good location for 2-3 people seats at the table.

Best regards

Jima

Hi

Radio ads won't be effective. I don't know any expats that listen to the radio. I would post interesting stuff in expats groups on facebook and instagram. Go to other places and meet people. Try to get a good reputation on trip advisor, even if it's mostly biased comments it's still heavily imporant. Talk to guesthouses, NGO's etc. Best of luck to you and your business.

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Promotion of own services on forum not allowed. You can register yourself freely in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Dear Madam,
I am Cambodian man! I can help you for your target but now I am working in one school call ELT Elementary and Secondary School as HR Supervisor and I decided to look for the new challenge. I think we have the same objective.  Do you have any job opportunity for me to help you?

Your Faithful,
SOK Vanda

One more thing, I am a tutorial teacher who teach Khmer to foreigner using English to communicate and if I have chance to work for you, we can run classes for your clients who come to buy coffee from your shop and they can a student too but they need to buy before studying! Is it a good idea?

Try leboost, or candy publications.

In a highly competitive vertical.

You need to go around near by you cafe shop,  there so many cafe shop and they doing very well done ....

Hi,

I have visited your Facebook Fan Page and it seems that you have good content. I wanna visit your cafe soon.

Moreover, I suggest you utilize the potential of expanding your network/reach using Facebook Ads. It seems that there is not much engagement on your Fan Page.

Implementing right strategies could actually level-up your business to the next level. Just my two cents. Wish you all the best.