In memorial of William James Woodward

Dear folks,
As we all heard the stories of our beloved William James Woodward. (For further info you can check this thread : … =4#3201889 )

And the difficulties the family are facing rite now to lay his body to rest, my aunt create this link

For anyone who is willing to help us.

I guess this is the best way to help someone who helped us a lot..

When I read your posts on the cost to send James' body back to Canada of US$30,000, I was totally schocked!!!

Having met James personally twice with his son and having shared many phone calls, I find the cost of $30,000 to be put to much better use to support his son.  James was a very practical person and to the point.

Do you actually have or know where James' body is?  Has he been cremated?  Here in Brasil, they bury the dead in 3 hours.  Are you sure he has not already been buried?

Are you sure that this was not a simple robbery which went terrible wrong?   The neighborhood where he lived was considered to be very dangerous as I went there and saw it for myself.

Best wishes,

John from Macae

On April 7, our family member James Woodward (originally from Hamilton, Ontario) who had lived in Brazil many years, was senselessly murdered in Macae, a city of about 200,000, 180 km north of Rio de Janeiro. He was 66.

We agreed to pay the required $10,000 to return his body to Canada, where we hoped to have him laid to rest at his reserved Hamilton plot next to his brother and father. However, that number quickly rose to $30,000, as we have been informed that the need for cremation of the body created legal hurdles and increasing costs.

We are hoping people will help us with the cost of bringing him back to Canada, our legal expenses and possibly reward money to help solve James' murder. … ian-murder

From my humble understanding of the Article Mr James is in storage and they want to cremate the body in Brazil and send the ashes back to Canada...
That is my very humble understanding of the situation from the article in the media written by Mr James son

The Problem Mr Macae is that your message system is set to private and none of the good people of the expat blog are able to be messaging you.

RIP James, I am very sad after reading this post

Questions and answers about Brazil

Ask your question
saim chaudhary
Diffrence between RNE and CIE???
By saim chaudhary
Interview for brazil viper permanent visa
By mukhtar-pk
Are you happy in Brazil?
By Priscilla

Expatriate health insurance in Brazil

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brazil