KL Tailors

Selamat Pagi everyone!

So I'm moving to KL this summer for a 2 month internship.

I have a few shirts that my dad left me, which I think are pretty cool and I'd like to get them tailored to my size. He's a pretty big guy (we're talking XXXL) and I'm about a medium, so it would be a big transformation.

I know it would just be easier to buy new shirts and all that blah blah, but these are my dad's, there's some sentimental value to them and if I can get them tailored cheaply then why not.

Please note these are button-up dress shirts which are easier to tailor than t-shirts.

I figured that it would be quite cheap to get them tailored in KL, but I'm seeking expert expat advice on the best value places to go, and a ballpark figure on how much it would cost.

This is coming from where I currently live in Scotland, where tailoring a shirt would cost like £20-30 :o

I'm not an expat, but I frequent an old school tailor in the heart of KL. You can try to search for Ah Loke tailor. Unfortunately, I do not know his rates for tailoring shirts. Depending on material, new shirts can cost between RM150 - RM200.

Hi there, usually alteration is also cost quite much, but i do know some alteration done by chinese.. Its at sg wang plaza, bukit bintang... Pls go to 4-5th floor u can see many alteration shops there.. If u cnt find the shops just ask at the information counter, they shud be able to guide u :)

Questions and answers about Kuala Lumpur

Ask your question
Omar Salim
By Omar Salim
Indian food in Kl
By saurabh87k
By saurabh87k
job offer of 12000 rm per month
By Amit_s

Expatriate health insurance in Kuala Lumpur

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Kuala Lumpur

Moving to Kuala Lumpur

Find tips from professionals about moving to Kuala Lumpur

Travel insurance in Kuala Lumpur

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Kuala Lumpur

Flights to Kuala Lumpur

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Kuala Lumpur