Tourist Visa etc

Hello everyone,

As a reminder :

OPINIONS:

The entire concept of this forum is to promote the free exchange of information and ideas. Therefore, everyone has a fundamental right to form and express their own opinions, provided that they comply with the terms of use of the website. However, it is not acceptable to criticize or abuse another member in any way for simply expressing their opinion or making a personal observation. If you find the opinion expressed offensive you should not take matters into your own hands nor should you make any abusive comments: please use the Report button so that we manage the issue.

INDONESIA FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT

Please can we get back to the questions asked by the initial poster ? We are drifting from the topic here.

Thank you for your comprehension.
Bhavna

Hi everybody,

Please note that some inappropriate posts have been removed from this thread.
Some off topic posts are still on this thread as the moderation team can't remove them all.

Can we please make an effort and try to stay polite, friendly and to show some respect when posting on the forum?  Thanks :sick

------------------

@ rosefirth > Your question was quite direct and simple, did you get the information that you were looking for or do you have some other questions maybe?
If you wish, we can close the thread if all your doubts have been cleared.

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Priscilla

enduringword wrote:

Wow... Ubudian...
By your views, everyone here is an ethnic. :o  An everyone is condemned to have an ethnic view.

:lol:  I wonder, so by your theory you have a certain ethnic view too.  That hardly represents the whole Indonesia. Poor you...
Thank you for making that bigotry ethnic comment.

Well, what can I say?  If you want to conclude that open recognition of the many, many various ethnic groups that make up the population of Indonesia is somehow an expression of bigotry...then who am I to argue with that sort of disregard for facts?  Good grief, anyone can research this for themselves all over the internet.  It is precisely this mix of a cornucopia of various ethnic groups that make Indonesia great...and historically, it is also the disproportionate distribution of wealth among some particular ethnic groups which has caused problems in the past.   This is simple, open, honest and true Indonesian history…like it or not, convenient or not.  And again, this truth is all over the internet as well as being documented in many books.  Is anyone who discusses this particular facet of Indonesia to be regarded as a bigot, in your mind?

Ubudian,
Just stop flaming.
You are hardly making sense now in the latest comments. I can hardly understand what you are saying.

The view has been that Posts should go back answering the OP.
Posts has been cleaned up some. It should stay clean.

As you can surely see, I made my last post using the “post with quote” feature of this forum. 

As such, it should be pretty simple to figure out what I am saying. 

“Just stop flaming.”

Me, flaming?  I don't think so, but being accused of bigotry…now THAT is flaming, so please, take your own advice.   :top::cheers:

Note to Fred's last comment:

From what I read in this thread (before someone deleted the comments), the exact same criticism should be said about some naturalized Indonesians in Bali making bigoted insults to Indonesians, something about "sticking something where the sun don't shine". So Fred, your criticism is correct but you need to be more fair to all parties here.

Anyway, I hope everyone can move on from here and just allow each other to post their comments without attacking each other. At the very least please refrain from comments likely to provoke arguments. A simple "I do not agree with what you say because...." should suffice.

Please stop the personal attacks, and the insults. It impresses nobody.

And personally I would like to see the term "Indonesian Expert" replaced with the term "Local Moderator" as I find it quite misleading.

@ Hansson

Good morning! 

Funny how a person can read all of the exact same posts as you (including those posts now removed) and have found no bigoted remarks.  Maybe it only boils down to how one understands English versus another?    ;)

In any event, do you think it productive to continue stirring the pot...or do you like cooking that much that you just can't help yourself?   :lol::cheers:

But, just for the record, the phrase ""sticking something where the sun don't shine" has nothing to do with bigotry or racism.  It is only an alternative to a comment like, "stuff it."

As for this, "and personally I would like to see the term "Indonesian Expert" replaced with the term "Local Moderator" as I find it quite misleading" you can write to Julien with your suggestion.  The designation of “expert” for all world wide locations is used throughout this forum.  It is not unique to the Indonesian board.

Ubudian wrote:

@ Hansson

Good morning! 

Funny how a person can read all of the exact same posts as you (including those posts now removed) and have found no bigoted remarks.  Maybe it only boils down to how one understands English versus another?    ;)

In any event, do you think it productive to continue stirring the pot...or do you like cooking that much that you just can't help yourself?   :lol::cheers:

But, just for the record, the phrase ""sticking something where the sun don't shine" has nothing to do with bigotry or racism.  It is only an alternative to a comment like, "stuff it."

As for this, "and personally I would like to see the term "Indonesian Expert" replaced with the term "Local Moderator" as I find it quite misleading" you can write to Julien with your suggestion.  The designation of “expert” for all world wide locations is used throughout this forum.  It is not unique to the Indonesian board.

@Ubudian
Please just stop the flaming, and drawing out further provoking arguments. It is not helping.

As for @Rosefirth
I am sorry that you have to see these 'ugliness' and be the centre of the topic arguments.
I think you have all the things/ advices you need. Be rest assured, there is minimal chance of you running into problems.
And you can always make out an edited form of booking flight (without actual money used) if you are concerned at a personal extra concern.
Otherwise, have a great trip to Indonesia.

“Please just stop the flaming, and drawing out further provoking arguments.”

You should say that while speaking into a mirror!  Good grief man, give it a rest!

As for Rose, have no worries.  I have helped her out a great deal…which she knows fully well and has also graciously acknowledged several times.  If you feel compelled to apologize to her, then apologize for your own actions…not someone else's actions. 

Good day!

I would suggest that everyone take a deep breath, get back on topic before the thread degenerates into a slanging match.

@Rosefirth
I forgotten to mention. There is minimal chance the immigration will ask return of flight or proof of finance, unless you come from a certain group/countries. So you will have no worries, coming from Aussie.
Just do note down the name of the hotel or house address when you fill out the immigration form.

@Moderator/Admin
Please consider closing this thread, if all answers are done, to stop further escalation.

Hi everybody,

After all the warnings and interventions of the moderators, there are still a lot of flaming posts coming up.  :sick

I regret, but we are closing this thread straightaway.

Thanks,

Priscilla

[ Topic closed ]

Closed