DJing in Bali - What Work Permits / Visas Do I Need?

I am visiting Bali for 10 days to perform at a variety of clubs as a DJ. I have been told I will need a temporary visa / work permit in order to play at some of the larger venues. There is so much information online, I'm not sure where to begin.

- Do I need a KITAS if it's just a 10 day visit? Not planning on living in Bali.
- Which work permit(s) and visa(s) do I need to acquire?
- What is the best way of going about acquiring said documentation?

Thanks in advance.

You MUST get a work permit (US$1,200) and a visa from immigration.
The visa won't be issued until you have the work permit.
To get the work permit you have to prove you can do a job an Indonesian can't do.
A work permit is only valid for one address so you need a permit for all addresses you intend to work at, that being applied for by each venue, even if you only do one gig.

The process varies in how long it takes so I can't offer any serious answer as far as that goes, but you can expect at least several weeks.

Not following these rules and working in very open view is likely to see you arrested, fined, face possible prison time and deportation at your own cost followed by a likely blacklist from entering Indonesia for a few years.

By the way, the work permit and so on is required if you play at a bar with 2 customers and a scraggy dog that's hanging around hoping for a titbit or two.

Thanks for your reply, however I have also found temporary work permit information online. It is called an IMTA. The KITAS, which you mentioned ($1200), is for long term living / working as far as I can gather. Would an IMTA not suffice since I will only be in Indonesia for a total of 10 days?

A work permit (US $1,200) is only valid for one employer at one location and you still need an immigration document of whatever sort.
Several employers means several work permits.

That always assuming manpower will grant a permit when there are a lot of local DJs around, and that's less than likely.

Just so I'm very clear - No work permit could land you in very serious trouble, especially on Bali where immigration are very keen.

http://www.balisolution.com/index.php/o … sa/66.html

I searched DJ visa Indonesia and bam the link above so there are lots of links.

Or contact the Indonesian embassy in your country. But it will cost and you will need to use an agent. So be prepared.

That's new to me - I stand corrected.

It also seems they can get a one month tax at US$100 rather than the full year but I wonder how they get around the single address issue unless it's different for that type of permit.

One thing of note, that site doesn't allow you to see prices until you become a member - Wonder what the costs are like.

Curiosity made me take a good look around and there isn't a single price listed for any of the companies that seem to offer this one but I have found the regulations covering it.
UU16/2015 allows for temp workers under given conditions to work for short periods but they must have a work permit and visa.
It does allow for entertainers but it doesn't say if that covers a single venue or allows the person to move around, however it does say the application must be made by an Indonesian entity, suggesting that's one company only.

It looks like these permits are valid for one month, meaning the 7 day  or above offers from some companies seem to be in question.
One other note - It seems insurance cover has to be bought from an Indonesian supplier as part of the regulations.

lukereg wrote:

http://www.balisolution.com/index.php/ourservice/visa/66.html

I searched DJ visa Indonesia and bam the link above so there are lots of links.

Or contact the Indonesian embassy in your country. But it will cost and you will need to use an agent. So be prepared.

Thanks for your reply.

I have seen this site, but I was unsure if it was legitimate or not. Can anyone confirm?

I reached out to the Indonesian consulate yesterday but have not received a call or email back.

Fred wrote:

That's new to me - I stand corrected.

It also seems they can get a one month tax at US$100 rather than the full year but I wonder how they get around the single address issue unless it's different for that type of permit.

One thing of note, that site doesn't allow you to see prices until you become a member - Wonder what the costs are like.

Curiosity made me take a good look around and there isn't a single price listed for any of the companies that seem to offer this one but I have found the regulations covering it.
UU16/2015 allows for temp workers under given conditions to work for short periods but they must have a work permit and visa.
It does allow for entertainers but it doesn't say if that covers a single venue or allows the person to move around, however it does say the application must be made by an Indonesian entity, suggesting that's one company only.

It looks like these permits are valid for one month, meaning the 7 day  or above offers from some companies seem to be in question.
One other note - It seems insurance cover has to be bought from an Indonesian supplier as part of the regulations.

Do you have a link to the site that led you to this regulation?

I'll try to dig an English language link out for you.

Also, have a look here.
They seem more open

http://indonesiaimmigration.com/index.p … 0000000374

Still no prices

A note of caution.
The 100 days weren't stolen as the singer claims, they were a direct result of working illegally.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-26/k … es/7446580

http://www.mondaq.com/x/422264/work+vis … +Indonesia

So it seems that the Temporary RPTKA and IMTA is what I will need for my purposes.

Now the question of how to acquire one. I have sent an email to the link you provided above.

Hopefully they will get back to me with some haste.

If anyone else has information on how to get a Temporary RPTKA and IMTA, please let me know.

TIA

None of the agents give prices and I can't find them on immigration's site.
I know a normal KITAS will set you back less than Rp1,000,000 - Sounds a lot but you get a lot of Rupiah for a buck or a quid.
Never had a work permit and don't need one so I can't do much with that save the mention of US$100/month fee.

That should give you an idea how much the agents are adding for their own pockets.

@Nickysap
Hey buddy, have you been able to figure out your work permit situation for djing temporarly in Bali ?
I'm in the same situation as you and wasn't able to get much help from the Indonesian embassy and was wondering if you had more info since then..

Thks !!