Amazonviet.com?

Anyone have experience ordering from this site?  Are they affiliated with Amazon or a scam site?

goreme wrote:

Anyone have experience ordering from this site?  Are they affiliated with Amazon or a scam site?

Greetings, goreme!

I contact Customer Service Amazon about this and received the reply that follows:

"Hello,

I'm writing to follow up on your inquiry of the website link you provided 'http://www.amazonviet.com'.

I've checked with my appropriate team and they confirmed that this website is not affiliated with Amazon. If you check the link when signing up its HTTP. while it should be HTTPS, it was a secure server. but it isn't. So it's a SPAM."

Best regards,

Vishal P

Bummed me out because I will miss shopping on Amazon when I'm in Da Nang this year.

Andi

That reply is pretty conclusive. Nice job.

Good work! You've save a lot of people from being scammed. I have heard of people ordering stuff from this website and receiving shoddy goods.

It's interesting the site is able to get away with using Amazon's logo and plug into their entire inventory.  Surprised they havent been shut down by now.

Anyway, thanks for confirming :-)

goreme wrote:

It's interesting the site is able to get away with using Amazon's logo and plug into their entire inventory.  Surprised they havent been shut down by now.

Anyway, thanks for confirming :-)

Yeah, but this is Vietnam .....

They don't actually have any connection to Amazon USA at all. We took a trip to their office in HCM. Do that and you too will realize just what is going on.

"We took a trip to their office in HCM. Do that and you too will realize just what is going on."

So can you share with everyone what is going on?

..it seems he is inferring it is a spam/scam, but yes, a little clarity would be good...

(some of us live a little too far away)      Thanx in advance...

There is an old saying " curiosity killed the cat and information brought him back" so perhaps information or clarification would assist.