Environmental protection in Bahrain

Hi,

Environmental protection is a challenging issue for all the countries around the world. Would you say this issue is deemed of significance in Bahrain?

Is the country going green through initiatives like waste management and selective sorting programs, renewable energies, public transport, green awareness campaigns and so forth?

How do you personally commit to improve the environment in your daily life?

We would greatly appreciate if you could tell us more about the various local initiatives for sustainable development in Bahrain.

Many thanks in advance!

Kenjee

By activity or by company ?

Without doubt Bahrain has no intention of going green. Bahrainis think the world is there to clean up after them.

Missent

I save all my plastic bottles & caps.  I take them to an outdoor boarded area near Senor Paco in Adliya.   They recycle them into prosthetic limbs & aids for the disabled.  I have boxes for cardboard,  paper, glass & metal.  I put them into the relevant bins, but also the men come round for the cardboard & metal/tin cans.  I put clothes,  shoes & towels either into the charity bins to help local needy or into the Thrift Shop.  Only food waste goes into my garbage bag for the green wheeled bins.

Riffa Views has just started a recycling program as well.