Mobile Phones (yes, again!)

Has anybody bought one of the Chinese Iphones?  Do they work well?

I went scouting around a bit yesterday and the owner of a kiosk was showing me one.  I know it's a knockoff and my concern is that it would die in a month or two, but he offered me a 1 year written guarantee to replace it.

What's your advice?

I think it lasts much longer than that, but the problem is the software which would be a totally different one and the biggest turnoff

it's a waste of money. always buy genuine products. :):):)

Umm.. really? You are going to buy a china phone? hmmmmm... Well unless U really feel like frying your head with enough radiation to knock out all the grey matter, and then use an interface that looks like it was designed for kids, sure go ahead..

Stick to something that works. :)

Alliecat wrote:

Has anybody bought one of the Chinese Iphones?  Do they work well?

I went scouting around a bit yesterday and the owner of a kiosk was showing me one.  I know it's a knockoff and my concern is that it would die in a month or two, but he offered me a 1 year written guarantee to replace it.

What's your advice?

Don't do it... The software is totally different, not comparable at all.. And you could well be cooking yourself.

Seems to be unanimous.. although some of the replies were more articulate than others! :P

Thanks.

I looked at one for my kid, did not get one in the end as the software was not very good and was very buggy. Also i would be corcerned with the RF radation emmited as discussed previously.

the software is a big issue in these chinese phone, its CRAP! i never used it but i saw it... i cannot see the radiation, so cant comment... but i saw in the news a NOKIA battery exploded while a person was talking, so...

Don't ever buy an electronic device that's not FCC approved.

you can find different qualities in chinese mobiles n they can survive for years,n aparently one can not differentiate b/w original n chinese version,so its good only if u want to impress ppl lol :p otherwise in chinese stuff u can find hell lot of options that u wont find even in a single branded mobile. but again when it goes to quality u should opt for the branded thing.
The main drawback is the software n even u will notice "Times New Roman" font used in the menu :p

beezer wrote:

Amen to that

beezer wrote:

Correct and Actually, from a security perspective , china mobiles were banned in India early this year (  http://cellphones.techfresh.net/chinese … -in-india/  )as all GSM phones are required to have a unique IMEI number that gets reflected at cell phone towers with which, if required, the location of a mobile phone user can be tracked. These Chinese phones, however, do not have International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number. In many cases, more than 1000 Chinese handsets have been known to have shared the same IMEI number and has been prone for a security hole.