Saturday night meetup - 4th Dec

A few interesting facts:

1)  There are loads of new people on here who seem to want to meet up with other expats, and nobody seems to be organising anything much.

2)  There is a 5 day weekend in Barcelona.

3)  I found a really cool bar that has a backroom we could use for a group of people to get together.

4)  Someone on this forum has a birthday on Monday

5)  A few people have said in another thread on here that they want to go out on Saturday night.

So.....

I'm proposing meeting up at about 20:00 or 20:30 on Saturday evening for a chat/drink and then seeing if anyone wants to go on, or do something else from there.

I propose the 'London Bar' at Carrer Nou de la Rambla 34. Despite the name, it's actually run by a really nice Spanish woman and if we are going to be a biggerish group of people she will reserve the space in the back room for us. Drinks are reasonably priced as well.

If anyone has another suggestion then feel free to add it.

Who is up for it?

Steven and I are coming, I assume Egle and Siobhian too since it's Egle's birthday and all.

Hey :) Can't say that it's 100% that I'm coming because there is another party (event) there I would really like to go :D

Information about it in facebook:

facebook.com/event.php?eid=114801205253694#!/event.php?eid=171542142867242&index=1)

It's called "Festival Multimedia M·3Beta" and it looks  interesting..

but I don't want to miss this also, because last party was really nice :)I want to go to both places so I hope I'll figure smth out  :D  Me and Shiobhan will definately be out on Saturday so I think we'll meet you sooner or later somewhere :D If there is somebody who would like to join us before party, to have a dinner or smth or go to check out that festival would be great just write me a message ;) Though my birthday is on Monday I'm gonna start celebrating it on Saturday :DDD yuppy :D Hope there's gonna be new expats in the party also :) Really want to meet newbies :D

Sounds good, Egle! Maybe meet up at this event and then go for drinks? It's in the same area anyway :)

Hi everyone!  My husband and I are new expats, and we're up for grabbing drinks on Saturday..

Hey there Is_bcn (in absence of name, this will do) - hope you and your husband can make it, would be lovely to meet you!

Egle & everyone else, see you tomorrow!

x

Ok, just to clarify - lots of people seem to doing various different things, but we (at least 5 of us) will be in the abovementioned 'London Bar' at Carrer Nou de la Rambla 34 from 20:30 onwards.

Hopefully we can all manage to meet up at some point in the evening. :)

Oh, and for anyone who doesn't recognise anyone, we'll be at the back of the bar.

I'd tell you what I'll be wearing, but I don't have a clue!

Hey everyone! I'm new to this blog and would like to meet new people. I've passed by the London Bar before and it looks fun so will make it there tonight!

It was great meeting everyone last night!  Thanks for organizing this, and looking forward to the next event :) Linda

We missed this event but are definitely interested in coming to the next 1! sounds like fun ;)

We missed it too, sadly...My husband and i are new here too. Please, start another thread when you do this kind of meet-up events again! Want to meet expats very much.