Expat blog party - 28/04

-- UPDATE 28/04 --

So, the plan is to meet tonight:

Thurs 28/04 at 21:00

at La Whiskeria, and the address is c/ Sitges 3. Placa Catalunya is the closest metro stop and it is less than 5 minutes walk away.

----------------

We had some semi-regular meetups at the end of last year, but there are a load of new people on the forum since then, so let's do it again, and we can all get to meet some new people!

Somebody in another thread suggested Thursday 28/04 at 9pm, and that seems like as good a time as any.

Post in here if you fancy coming along.

Also if anyone has a suggestion of a good bar to meet up in that will have space for a group of us, then feel free to suggest it!

I'd love to come along, it's about time I got out and about meeting people!!

I would be interested depending on the location.

Yeah, IŽm interested. let me know which bar and what time.

We're in!

Hi all,

We just got back from Poland late last night, after our flight was delayed twice, and I haven't had decent internet access for the last few days.

If people are still interested in going out tonight, I'll try to think of somewhere, since there don't seem to be too many suggestions. :)

HI!
Were we supposed to meet today? I heard nothing more. I remember someone suggested a Brazilian place, and others the Borne, but did we decide where to meet? ;)

Ok, so I am going to suggest that we meet up at:

La Whiskeria
c/ Sitges, 3

It's a nice place, the prices are average, they have a wide selection of drinks (including maybe the best Mojitos in the city), and it has an upstairs that on a Thursday should have plenty of space.

It's also just off La Rambla, so it is close to the Metro and easy for people to find.

The bar looks tiny downstairs and it will probably be pretty full, but go in, go straight towards the back past the bar, and turn left up the stairs just before you get to the toilets and there is another room upstairs.

If anyone has a better suggestion then just shout, but that seems like a good place to me :)

Sounds good, we'll see everyone tonight! Thanks for organizing JPope!!

So, let's meet today at 21 in La Whiskeria, c7 Sitges 3.

See you there (upstairs)..;)

Hi, it was nice to meet you, even thought I didnŽt have the chance to talk to all the people. Thanks and I hope to see you soon in other event, where this time?
Otilia

Hello everybody, I just registered and looks like I missed a meeting just by a few days. If you organise again, or even if you fancy a beer or a tapa or going to party, just give me a shout! Ciao
Andy

Hi Andy!

Welcome on Expat.com :)

Armand

Thanks Armand, looks like a nice place!

Hi all!!!

I've joined to this blog the last week and I'm browsing around reading the comments.
Count me in if would be another event like this again, but don't shout me like Andy, only drop me a message. :D

I'm bummed I missed this... :-(
I'm so in for the next one!!
One

Alright then, the next one:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 225#432753