New Friends in Barcelona

Hey,

My name is Robin and I'm moving to Barca in Feb 2011 to open a new office for an online travel company. I don't know anyone there and I'm moving over on my own so looking to meet new people. I'm from Ireland but have traveled a lot and really like the city.

Say hi if you're looking for a new friend in the city.

Robin

Hi Robin and welcome to Barcelona, there are plenty of irish pubs :)
No big change of scenery :)

Hi Robin

Yeah there are a lot of irish pubs here...I'm sure you'll enjoy my city ;) nice to meet you.

Hey Robin, I'm heading over this month or next month too, also from Ireland :)

Hey, I'm also Irish and new to the city... I've made quite a few "international" friends from a language course but kinda starting to miss the Irish wit

Maguire u on facebook or anythin? wanna find out some things bout headn to barca :)

Yeah I am (who isn't these days?!) I'll send u a mail with my details

I know yeah but sounds better den "give me your facebook NOW " :P
Yep cool, talk to ya den :)

I decided not to post a reply until I had seen about 25 replies but it seems my original post was not inspirational enough to attract such a rush. So I got 4 replies so far, thanks to those who have replied, not exactly pulling up any trees but 4 is better than none.

But not good enough to make me think life in Barcelona is going to like a Rio Carnival so get replying, I'm very intelligent so make your replies, funny and interesting please.

I will reply to any private messages shortly and apologies for the delay......

Nice to see Maguire and Dannyboi having a chat on my real estate, it's like I have tossed out of my own house, I'll live given you are two of my 4 fans.

If you have chatted to me and think I'm amazing but have not posted on here then do so as it is good for my morale. (that's you N)

A new spanish friend of mine just told me it's possible that not all you may get my sense of humour so I should clear it up....

When I said that I am very intelligent and funny, I was trying to be light hearted and funny even it is true..... 

Ok, I hope site can handle the oncoming stampede of expat traffic coming my way. I've cleared my inbox so it's first come first served...

Ps: I'm a superhero (i've ruined it again Natalia haven't I?)

My new friend Natalia just told me she is thinking about what to post...

Everyone stop.....

Hold the back page....

Stop whatever you're doing......

Here comes the big dog with some magic.....

drum roll....

Welcome to Barcelona Robin!

If you are as funny and witty in person as you are on chat I am sure you'll have lots of people queing to hang out with you!
I am defenitely looking forward to it, so get here soon..

Natalia

'looking forward to it'

You're only human...tell everyone!

G'day!
I'm not irish so after all your irish responses I feel a bit left out.. but being an Aussie chances are I descended from an irish criminal so surely I qualify to be a friend...and I really like your accent. win win situation.
Thea...

You qualify to be a friend when I say you qualify to be a friend. I'll send you on some questions now shortly, more of a test than just questions so good luck, as this is your chance.

I like the way you link Irish and criminal, we don't have any criminals in Ireland, I guess we sent them to Oz hence your point.

Still in a bad mood with you over the Ashes, you're supposed to always win those!!!!

Hey Thea hows things :)
how are ya findin life in Barca?
Are you here long from Oz?

Hey !!
WELCOME TO BARCELONA !! :)
I also come to Barcelone but in this summer...because for the moment I finish my study in France ( i'm french ) ans then I want to live in Barcelone too ...

I met many people who says there a many Irish pub in Barcelona, so it's a good deal for you ... !!

I hope you have a great time in this city ... it's so AWESOMMMMEE city and I just love it .. :)

I'm sorry , my english is really bad ...so I don't know if it's correct !! :)

Have a great day guys !!! :)

Hi all, I'm also an Irish expat. I'm new to city (arrived 3 weeks ago). Just recently found a permanent place to live and been working the last couple of weeks. Trying to get settled here and would like to meet some other expats in the city. I know it sounds silly looking for expats after you move to a place but I think at first it's easier to connect and make friends with English speakers or people from home/close to home. Let me know if there is any groups or meetings going on or even if anybody wants to meet for a drink some time!

robcliff wrote:

Hey,

My name is Robin and I'm moving to Barca in Feb 2011 to open a new office for an online travel company. I don't know anyone there and I'm moving over on my own so looking to meet new people. I'm from Ireland but have traveled a lot and really like the city.

Say hi if you're looking for a new friend in the city.

Robin

Hi Robin,

Welcome to Barcelona, it is a GREAT place. There are of course the ubiquitous Irish Bars but there are also many "meet up" clubs for various interests.  The English Spaeaking Mag for Barcelona is called the Metropolitan and they run one of the meet up clubs. 

There is also a barcelona-tennis.com if you play tennis. 

Hope that helps.  Enjoy Barcelona!

hello from Greece!!!
My name is Antonio and iam 32 years old
I will come one travel in Barcellona from 25 April to
1 May.
is the first time to come in this town. if you have time and want, we can meet, so as to tour the city.
It was really great pleasure to meet you and become friends.
Regards and greetings from Greece for a happy Easter.
Antonio