Longterm visit

Hi,Carmelle and I will be coming to Belize in November  for 4 months to find where we will live. I work innorthern Alberta , minus 40 average temp. ..... Time to slow down and warm up.. Will we need return ticket to be able to enter country?  Thanks for any help.. Dale &Carmelle :

dalecascanette

No return ticket is required to enter the country, you will be issued a departure record that you will want to keep in a safe place until you leave. You will also have to renew your visitor visa every month or portion of a month until you leave.

Hope this helps

Hi Bill, Do the airlines need to see anything, In a previous post I seen that they would be the issue in going there.. Thanks for your help... Dale and Carmelle

In my experience no, we used United when we flew here over a year and a half ago, we were never asked to provide a departure ticket. I know that is the case in other CA country's like Costa Rica but I know several people who come to Belize for extended periods with no definite departure plans and purchase return tickets on line at that time. Again regulations change from time to time so I would suggest checking with your airline, although I'm fairly sure it is not required by United or Southwest Airlines. Also in my experience these regulations also seem to affect Americans (American imposed rules, not Belize) more than those travelling from Canada and other Commonwealth countries.

Thanks Bill,  Would like to meet you for lunch when we come . Where are you located. Dale and Carmelle

That would be great, we are in San Pedro for a few more weeks, by the time you arrive we will be in the San Ignacio area.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Perfect.... that is where we want to begin our adventure.  I am a NCSO working in the northern oilsandsand it is time to warm up and slow down.... Dale

Those were our main reasons for moving as well, health and warmth and of course we left the stress of 30 years in construction behind. Belize has been a wonderful choice for us.

If you are interested I also have a website listed under the community tab on this forum. Billdoesbelize.com may give some additional insight into life and procedures here.

Regards Bill