Once in a lifetime trip to TOKYO

Hello........We are from Scotland and we are very excited as we are coming to Tokyo in July for a holiday and we would like all suggestions to maximise the 4 nights /3 full days we are there.
Yes we can view tourist information however.....

We would like YOUR suggestions please for the best places to go to experience the Japanese culture....day and evening experiences/trips.....any great ideas are extremely welcome from YOU.

Which 'things' are best and in your opinion should not be missed?

We are coming in July and staying in Tokyo before going on a cruise from Yokohama.

One trip we have been recommended to do coach to lake near Mnt. Fuji....trip on boat on a lake....bullet train back to Tokyo.

However the more information you can offer to us the better.
Replies from ALL nationalities are very welcome both Japanese and expats.

Thank you in anticipation of your kind replies and ' hope you have a great week'

Hi Jimmy. I don't live in Japan but I am there several times a year. Yes I would agree with you to go to Fuji and take the Shinkansen bullet train. Usually when we visit Fuji we visit all the lakes in the area by car, but if you have the chance then I think Lake Kawaguchi is the best because there are many restaurants and tea shops, coffee shops and stores in the area as well as some amazing views of Mount Fuji.

In Tokyo itself one of the best views is either at the top of Tokyo Tower, or at the nearby World Trade Center Tower where you have an amazing view of the whole of Tokyo including Tokyo Tower. This is where many people take pictures of Tokyo Tower at sunset. Beside Tokyo Tower there is a temple which is quite nice too.

I also like Asakusa with it's Sensoji Temple and Dempoin Dori Street which has lots of old traditional looking shops and eating places and has a feeling of 'old Japan'. You could spend a very enjoyable few hours here.

There are so many other places to see too, but the above three would be top of my list of places to visit.

Thank you very much Hannson your information is greatly appreciated....
Thanks again..... Tartanjimmy