Golf in Guanacaste Costa Rica

My wife loves her golf as much as I love hiking in Costa Rica, but  when she started looking at the cost for a round of golf there, to be honest she had sticker shock!  She is currently tournament chair for a ladies group here in Southern California and was hoping that she could join or set up a ladies group in Guanacaste.  The  ladies here currently pay between $20 and $40 (US) depending if they use a cart or not.  Are there any golfers out there who have played any of the golf courses in Guanacaste and know what the true cost is, if you are not a tourist?  Also, if there are any ladies golf groups already set up, or if you are interested and live in the Tamarindo area, we would love to hear from!

Thank you in anticipation!

Costa Rica is definitely not a golf destination for most of those expats living here, due to the high costs involved. Tourists at the high end resorts, use them occasionally.

We have played at Valle de Sol which is one of the most popular with expats and the Cariari.

Many hotels and developments intended to have a golf course but then the plans changed...and so like many developments, they will never be implemented.

Since moving to Guanacaste we no longer golf.

Thank you Kohlerias for your reply, its not what we wanted to hear but to be honest it is what we expected!!  That said, maybe it's time to try and change that by organizing expats and ticos who would like to play golf into groups, so they can negotiate fees, especially in the off season at the resorts. Sounds like my wife will have her work cut out over the next couple of years!

Bob.