SanSe 2016

I found this while searching for things to do. Just want to know how many people on here are going to this.

http://www.mydestination.com/puertorico … nuary-2016

I went last year.  If you plan on driving, go VERY EARLY.  The parking garages fill up quickly.  Don't know about public transportation.

The SanSe Festival is very popular and attracts more people year after year.

It's almost impossible to get into OSJ and if you make it finding a parking place is an even bigger challenge than normally. But, if you make it into OSJ you're in one of the biggest parties of the year.
As for me it's too crowded for my taste so I won't be there.

We went during the day for a little bit when we lived in OSJ - way too crowded for us.  We were able to watch the festivities from our balcony.

If you do go, definitely explore the public transportation options.  The busses and ferries have extended schedules that will make life much easier.

May want to drive and park fairly far then take a taxi or bus, I have not been there in many years so not sure if the above is practical anymore. There are some back streets that taxis can use to get you close to the action, but taxi wait time may be long when trying to return.
Call Taxi company and see how close they can get you.

Well reading all the post we're rethinking our little adventure... I'm not really one for overly crowded places... we basically want to go for the artwork, crafts and food...

I meet both of you BearNVa and you look healthy, the two of you should go ahead and make the trip and stay for a while there, have a good time, lots of walking around but you can do that, at least go once and enjoy something different. Next year you may not want to go, but once would be a treat. I am sure there will be plenty of English speaking people there that you can make friends with besides the locals.

Don't shy away from a life time experience, park somewhere around Condado area and take a taxi or bus the rest of the way.

If you can find it, try the Mavi, I used to drink it when I was a kid: http://www.ricanrecipes.com/recipes/det … &id=49 (Site also has a lot of other nice recipes)
Since it is the holidays try some "Tembleque" and "Arroz con Dulce" for desert after the fritters at the party.

Be adventurous

So we went to SanSe 2016 and OMG what an awesome experience!!! We will probably go next year also... the amount of people was insane but the views and the music were fantastic... Thanks ReyP for telling me to go at least once and to not shy away from the experience... it was much appreciated.

I am Jealous! I would have liked to go. My wife has a bad knee so doing a lot of walking or standing is out of the question. Maybe I will join you next time by myself.

Glad you had a great time!!!
Rey

PS. Did you try the Mavi?

Didn't try the Mavi or at least if I did I don't remember it...LoL... I do know that we had one of those 2-3 foot tall glasses of something from a bar we stopped into after that things get a little fuzzy... ;0)

Mavi is a light amber color, typically seen in a large glass jug. It usually have a little foam around the neck of the jug. It is non-alcoholic, since is partially fermented it probably have like .01 percent alcohol. Kids drink it and also adult, very refreshing on a hot day.

I see it was a blurry day, just as it should be at a great party!

I am jealous also. I would've loved to go to the San Sebastian Festival but I saw the crowds and read about the nightmare in parking or taking a bus from the stadium and decided against it.  Did you drive and where did you park?  How long did it take you to get into OSJ?

Tonie

sorry for the long delay for a response... we parked at some park about a mile away and walked... we didn't really have any problems getting there or leaving...it took us about 45 from Fajardo and about a 20min walk from the parking lot...we did however have a little trouble walking about 2 hours after we got there because the Sangria was very good LoL