Fajardo Expats -

I am returning to Ceiba in a couple of weeks to show my man around and visit my Father and his wife.  Can't WAIT to be out of these freezing temps and back on the warm sand!!  If anyone knows of any good cafe/restaurants in the Fajardo area, or anywhere east coast, let me know.  And PLEASE don't say any of the franchise places - they're sad.  :P

I'll expand the circle - I'm willing to go as far as Caguas or Culebra if anyone can give me a great place to take my father out.  He's been complaining for a few years now that there is nowhere good to go besides his absolute favorite tex/mex place (it's really good, don't get me wrong, they just discourage 'advertising' on this forum).
I just have a HUGE hankering for an expertly made skirt steak & authentic sofrito.
On a side note, does anyone have any non-touristy activities that may be of interest to an early thirties couple?  Our Spanish is pathetic, but we love to culturally cannon ball.  Any local festivals or art/music shows going on between the 18th and the 28th?