Milk!

Hi- can anyone recommend a brand of milk that tastes more like the milk in the US? We usually get reg 1 or 2% milk. In DR kids and I have tried Parmalat, La Rica a few different varieties and they all taste like cream to me. Kids won't drink or even eat cereal anymore. Thanks!

La Rica is ok. The kids will get used to it, don't worry.  The cows here don't get chemicals so it tastes more like milk did 50 or 60 years ago in the US.  Be brave my lass,be brave in this new land of yours. Don't look for the old, look for the new sensations in life. Bet the kids adapt more quickly than you!

We use La Rica and find we actually like it better than the US 2%.  As gypsy said you will get used to it and one day find it hard to drink that US "stuff"  :D:D:D:D

Bob K

Thanks! Good advice, gypsy! I am trying. Hope you are right about the kids! 😃

we use Rica to. its expensive but the best. Actually the best milk is on Hwy 5. you can buy it fresh milked that day straight from the cow. no additives no homogenized or pasteurized. Tastes like vanilla milkshake. I bet 90% of Americans think whole milk in the grocery store is what milk tastes like from the cow. jajajaja no where near it.

We used to drink milk right from the farm when we were kids.  Loved it!

As to Rica being expensive, I find it no more expensive then the other brands (unless you shop at Playero where you can expect to pay 10%-15% ,more for everything).  In fact Super Pola has it on sale every couple of weeks for 45 pesos a box.  We usually stock up then since it can sit on the self in the pantry for a long time

Bob K

the size we buy is about 2.00 a box

I have only seen it in liter boxes or smaller.  Do they have a larger one????

Bob K