Close

Buying furniture

Stores for buying furniture. Can I shop on line?

I have never shopped online here for furniture.  IKEA is the only store I know of that has this.

There are lots of stores to look at and some very good locally made Ratan but you will have to visit them.

Bob K

Shopping online really does not work  too well here for furniture!   Its an adventure to go to these stores and  see what you find.

As Bob said Ikea is the exception,  what you see is what you get with them. Cannot count on that with anything else online in the DR.

Thanks for the helpful input. Any stores with great prices?

Depends what you want and where you are!!!

Do you have any info on La Casita? Quality, price? Getting items from Santiago to Sosua?

I don't know la Casita but when you do buy furniture in Santiago most stores will ship to you and many times at no additional cost.  Just ask them.

Bob K

You can also draw a picture of just the furniture you want, or show a photo of exactly what you want, and a local guy will make it for you. In this manner you contribute here instead of to Swedish billionaires.

This is true.  We have had lots of stuff made from pictures at half the cost. Currently we are having two living room tables made from pictures.

Bob K

That probably works better if you are there full time to stay on top of the project, arrange delivery, etc.

I really don't want to spend hours putting things together. But, IKEA does employ 163,000 people and are good environmental stewards.

I have every intention of contributing to the local economy.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Expatriate health insurance in Dominican Republic

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Dominican Republic

Moving to the Dominican Republic

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Dominican Republic

Travel insurance in Dominican Republic

Enjoy stress-free travel to the Dominican Republic