Ideas to kill the boredom

Would like to hear from folks working in Saudi what they do to kill the boredom. I would like to get the perspective of North Americans if possible.

Lots of time spent on the internet. Getting together with other expats and making homegrown fun. For those who drink, a packet of yeast in a large bottle of juice and one-two weeks of fermentation time. Movie nights. For those with compound  access everything Haram known within the walls of those pretty little prisons.

Ha, I figured it would be something sad like that. But what do you mean by "Haram known?"

"Haram" means Forbidden. It is an Arabic word used by Muslims to anything that is not allowed as per their religious beliefs.

Oh ok

Scuba Diving at the weekends

Sounds good but 10 hour drive from Riyadh to Jeddah is a killer.

Instead of a 10-hour drive to Jeddah, try a 4-hour drive to Al-Khobar (east-coast) for diving.

Really! Thanks, will check it out.

Anytime

If i were you, I would join a gym its a time consuming activity.
and joining classes like dancing, Arabic language, hiking ... or whatever is available in RIyadh helps you to meet new interesting ppl and being a part of a group  introduce you to other activities and attend more parties if you are into that.

Gym is a natural thing to do. Done the hiking, no Arabic classes, not into drinking tea every day. So pretty much nothing to do? Lol

wellp, I'm out of ideas. sorry.

Lol thank you. Sorry. But it's not all bad, drive to Barhain is only 4 hours and they have an iMax theater showing Star Wars 7.

Haram is the Saudi term for prohibited.  A bottle of whatever juice you like and a packet of yeast with a loose juice cap or small hole in the top of the bottle and a week or two of fermentation time helps kill time on the weekends while watching Cable TV reruns of whatever 80's to 90's show is on whatever cable stations you can get on your TV.

Ha, that's awesome. But not trying to be an alcoholic during my year tour here lol. If there are any western people who want to get together for a get together (play bones - dominos, cards, and just Western version of hanging out) let me know and we can figure something out. We are also planning a movie trip to Barhain, if someone is new and likes the idea, drop a line and we can plan something. Peace.

lot of things to do here like desert drives,camping,snorkelling,bbq on beach,horse riding,parasailing etc..

Desert drives - I have a Toyota Camry, driving in desert will be the end of us. camping - fun but after 4 trips there is only so much to see. Had a lovely time met some locals who invited us to dinner. snorkeling-like the beach, but I'm an American from the North East, we really just go to beach to check out the ladies.BBQ every other day at the villa, horse riding - I'm from NYC, I like horses from a distance after watching my ex get kicked in the face by one. Could not stop laughing, hence why she is my ex.
I'm actually a skydiving enthusiast but no skydiving places in Saudi. Any hunting in Saudi?

I once went to lake in a eastern province and saw some locals hunting birds,rest i have no clue