Can I jog on the street?

I'm chinese and I'm new here in Jeddah and I love jogging a lot.

What should I pay attention to if I want to jog in the morning?
Like Wearing long trousers? Taking my passport with me? Or I'd better work out on the treadmill……
Do people here jog with long trousers?How come……

I want to know more about people's life here and merge into the city while my colleagues all afraid of walking alone in the street.
With so many cultural differences, it's quite a headache about when can I take photos, can I walk alone on the streets, maybe you feel the same when you first visit China ~

I also want to make new friends here in Jeddah, I work as IT product sales and love taking photos ,all kinds of sports and programming. and You can PM me on this site.

Looking forward your opinion and experience~

您好

I think that you (and your Colleagues ) are over worrying yourselves, yes there are many culture differences between Saudi and china, you only need to give yourself some time to understand them,,, just relax.

For jogging, there are some walking/jogging baths here in Jeddah , try to find one near you, for example there are one behind Hilton hotel, one south of Marriot hotel in tahlia, and on many other locations. You can wear shorts, but not toooo short ( the one joggers wear in other parts of the world) , down to the knees is better or few cm shorter. sometimes you even can see guys wearing spandex shorts.

Having your ID with you at all times is a must in Saudi Arabia.

For taking pictures, the BIG NO is to take pictures of women or any governmental building.. other wise , it should be ok. if you want to take a picture of a man, its better to ask him first...

by the way, I went to china and it did not worry me to go out alone in the night  :top:

FYI , some local women even jog w abayas ( cloak) and head scarf on!

Better to wear sports pants or long shorts when you run here... The corniche is a great route but check out Jeddah running collective JRC

I'm a woman and managed to do many things in Jeddah... You will find its easier for guys and socially a more guy oriented environment! Be prepared for the 'singles section' when eating out

Don't stress! Bloom where you're planted and always keep alert like in any city!

Lastly, traffic is terrible. The driving culture here is chaotic and unlike any place I've been... It dedos imagination

totally agree with pajaroflor

Hello,

Take it easy, here in Jeddah there's no muttawa as in Riyadh. You can wear shorts .. no problem at all. Having your Iqama is a must, in case didn't get it yet you should have the passport or a copy stamped from the company (transportation letter).

Enjoy Jeddah.

There is a small park in front of this building,people usually jog while it's still morning and i have seen many wearing shorts it's completely fine

Try to jog on cornish at Sheraton hotel area due for it safety,
Use small bag just to carried for your wallet and mobile plus don't forget your water bottle to refresh you up and to avoid dehydration,
and last one best time for jog in here i think will be after 5 pm till 7 pm for nice weather

you can and there is a lot of place which you can do exercise, like Al-Rawdah and Corniche

pajaroflor wrote:

FYI , some local women even jog w abayas ( cloak) and head scarf on!

Better to wear sports pants or long shorts when you run here... The corniche is a great route but check out Jeddah running collective JRC

I'm a woman and managed to do many things in Jeddah... You will find its easier for guys and socially a more guy oriented environment! Be prepared for the 'singles section' when eating out

Don't stress! Bloom where you're planted and always keep alert like in any city!

Lastly, traffic is terrible. The driving culture here is chaotic and unlike any place I've been... It dedos imagination

ditto

How is jeddah running collective? You have any experience with them? I'm looking for groups participating in running.