Ads and paid accounts

Hello Julien,

I love the new design, but I noticed that the ads are much more obtrusive now compared to old site. Now I can use ad blocker, but I don't think it is fair. I am supporting the site by staying active on the forum and helping other members, but what I would really like to do on top of it is to support you with paid membership and get rid of the ads in return.

I am aware I am a minority as most people have the online services are free mentality, but if this is something that I would welcome if it is not that difficult to implement.

Cheers,
Tom

Hi Tom,

thanks for your message and for your support. Thanks a lot for your fair attitude regarding ad blockers.

I would really like to do on top of it is to support you with paid membership and get rid of the ads in return.

I thought about this a while ago, but couldn't make a decision about it. Maybe we should organize some kind of survey and ask all our members what they think about it ?

Take care,

Julien

Thanks Julien,

I know it is a matter of investment vs gain, and from real world experience I don't think many people would be willing to pay to warrant your efforts. :(. Alternatively, consider rewarding active contributors with an option to opt out of ad displays.

Thanks for even considering this.

If I have to pay for this membership, I think I would quit...

Although I see also a value in it.... less spammers, trolls and other one day members who seeking "friendship for the long term"

And yes, the adds are really annoying....

Hi Primadonna,

Ribosom's suggestion for  paid membership is optional, not compulsory for every member.

According to his suggestion, paid members will not see the ads, but non paid members will.

Fair, I think.

Z

Primadonna wrote:

If I have to pay for this membership, I think I would quit...

Although I see also a value in it.... less spammers, trolls and other one day members who seeking "friendship for the long term"

And yes, the adds are really annoying....

Xeeschan wrote:

Hi Primadonna,

Ribosom's suggestion for  paid membership is not optional, not essential for every member.

According to his suggestion, paid members will not see the ads, but non paid members will.

Fair, I think.

Z

Agree, that's why I see the value in it  ;)

Find activities and meet other expats

OR