Updates on PR Economy and Medical

Sitka wrote:

ReyP for Prez!

You got my vote too!!!!

Rey, you hit the nail on the head! That happened to my father in law. He worked in the sugar cane industry, his employer deducted his ssn for years and never send it. When he checked, he looked like never pay into it. Employer left the island and never pay it back.

adlin20 wrote:

Rey, you hit the nail on the head! That happened to my father in law. He worked in the sugar cane industry, his employer deducted his ssn for years and never send it. When he checked, he looked like never pay into it. Employer left the island and never pay it back.

Did he get credit or did he loose the ssn credits?

He lost. He went to work for another compsny for a few years in order to be sble to collect something.

adlin20 wrote:

He lost. He went to work for another compsny for a few years in order to be sble to collect something.

Employer should have been hung by their gonads.

Employers face stiff penalties for violation of federal wage laws, he should have, and still should if he has not, filed a complaint with the dept. of labor.   They will typically take swift action to address violations. 

I'm a retired human resources professional - believe me, if the company is still in business, they will take corrective action.

You got to remembrr, this was 20yrs ago. He was a humble crane operator, on those times workers believe amything boses will tell them. The sugar cand fields dry up, industry close and owners left. Very hard to prove and try to get a case going. On those times they were paid in cash envelops. The eorkers did not even knew if they were taken the right amount of taxes.

Well, if he worked for cash off the books, it would be very difficult to prove and may have no further recourse at this time.  But a phone call is free.

I mentioned to him several times thuought the years. He is a stobern old man too loyal for his goods. Me and my wife just let it be and try to help him as much as possible. Old folks are set on gheir ways. Hard to make them change.

Sorry for spelling mistakes traveling and it is hard on a phone.

it's a sad situation - the laws were passed to protect working people, it's a shame that someone didn't steer him right years ago.   

Reminds me of the one about the horticulturalist.

...you can lead a whore to culture,... but you can't make her think.

Then again she is not payed for her ability to think, :lol:

I second the vote! :)

Here, businesses are required to have sales tax returns prepared each month.  I think payroll tax returns are done quarterly.  They then are to send in payment of taxes collected.

They need to get in the ball, they need to collect all taxes shortly after they are due that way the minimize the damage to the goverment and the poor workers.
The same applies to water and rlectric bills, if they dont pay, garner the wages. Yes it is rought, but if there is no money to provide services, there are no services to provide.
Bill collectors is where they should grow the goverment and privatly held institutions.
Too many cheats

Heck! The goverment agencies are the first deadbeat look at their water and electric bills. There are municipalities that owes the goverment thousands of dollars. Now the water and electric company are cutting services (as they should had done) to force them to pay. Again, it is a reactive system, they should had done it sooner before they rack up thousands in debt. I believe they should be privatize and have several companies provide service, a little competition is good for improving quality.

Micron closing its 48,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility in Aguadilla by end of the month; around 185 Micron jobs lost; unknown number of other jobs affected.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/30 … china.html