Robbery at Home... what should we do?

Hi. Me and my husband are living in ksa for 5 years. My husband is working in a mutinational company as IT section Head. I had bring all my jewellery from pakistan and saved it in a locker which i bought from Jarir. I went to pakistan and left all my jewellery in saudia at my home. The keys of the locker was missing when we were in pakistan but my husband was here so i didnt bother to open it. And i went to pakistan ..... when i came back i told my husband to open the locker but the keys were missing so we finally went to a key maker and he broke the locker.... and when i opened my jewellery boxes it was all empty !!!!!!no jewellery at all!!!!! .... and all cash and jewellery was stolen or robbed!!!
Should we report in the police???  Please anyone suggest what can v do??? Or Can we claim company insurance and talk to HR???

We are so much worried!!!! Please any body give good suggestion.

Thanks

Well unless you report the robbery to the police you will not be able to claim the loss on your insurance. The insurer will definitely want to have a copy of the police report.

Also you should have an inventory and receipts or photographs of the missing jewelery, that also helps.

Regards,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

As James said, the police report is the first and unquestionable thing you must do.

Did you have home insurance protection against robbery? I'd be surprized if you say yes; as it's not something very common here in KSA.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Reporting to police will not yield anything, but you have to do it for the sake of it and are very late.

Something doesn't seem right, keys went missing where ? At your home? do you have a maid ?

Just a suggestion is to get a locker at a bank.

hamudi wrote:

Something doesn't seem right, keys went missing where ? At your home? do you have a maid ?

Add on top of that a home insurance policy :)
I don't think it's a hard to track the culprit down anyways.

Btw, welcome to the ViP club @hamudi.  :cheers:

TheLegendLeads wrote:
hamudi wrote:

Add on top of that a home insurance policy :)
I don't think it's a hard to track the culprit down anyways.

Btw, welcome to the ViP club @hamudi.  :cheers:

I'm curious about home insurance policy too.

For a minute, I was wondering how you knew I became a VIP member it's for one of the credit cards and then I realized what u were talking about...thanks sharp shooter :kiss:

I doubt if there are any insurers in KSA that provide personal insurance for jewellery, unless of course its worth a lot and they get good premium. General home insurance cover is not enough, what you could do however is lodge a case and hope for the best. What is gone is gone.

@hamudi, welcome VIP  :one

Thanks everyone for the reply.... actually there was 2 pair of keys of the locker. One pair i left inside the locker and the other one i kept at home.... only my husband and his brother and servant was there when i went to pakistan!!! Because locker is not damaged or broken it means it is opened with its own keys which i left at home.....

So, brother, husband , servant ...

I have heard a similar story of roberry before ! they registered the case to police immediately (after their neighbour kids said them they saw some one coming out from there home as they went out of home on a weekend). after that they check the lock of the main door is intact, they were amazed how some one entered without breaking the lock. Then they checked for their valuable things inside they found some cash and jewellery missing, immediately they filed a complain.
Police came and took samples of fingure prints from the room from where the robbery was done ! Finally they caught the culprit who was the building Haris (Building Incharge) as he had a copy of the keys of all flats !

So in your case robber would be 1)House Maid if you have any 2)Building Haris or 3)Your Husband (as he is here in KSA he dint came with you to your country, so police will have a doubt on him also )

Thanks for the reply. I had two pair of keys. One pair kept inside the locker for safety. And the other one i left at home and left pakistan. My husband also had flight after 4 hours AND HE stayed home...
When we came back from vacation my husband came first and after one moneth i also came. When i came home there was no keys found!!!! And i ask my husband to open it everyday bcoz i had 80 tola Gold inside and some cash also. But he was busy in the office and finally yesterday we went to a key locker and he broke the locker and we found NO JEWELLERY NO CASH!!!!!!

Let me see.
The keys were lost, so you had to break in, but everything was missing.
Given you had to break in to discover this, it's unlikely anyone else managed to break in without you knowing.
That means someone used a key.

Who had access to your house, and the opportunity to get hold of a key?
I'm guessing that's a short list.

and, were the second set of keys still in the locker?

definitely the Nanny / Servant.........

torontonewcomer wrote:

definitely the Nanny / Servant.........

now now, let's not jump to conclusions here, could be others too....

What's this? A guessing game?
It can be anyone.
Please persuade your husband to register a formal complaint with the police. They know what to do. 
Expat.com is not the place where you will find the answer for sure.
The thief needs to be brought to justice and you should recover your jewellery.
May God help you.

Cranx wrote:

The thief needs to be brought to justice and you should recover your jewellery.
May God help you.

Joke of the day!

it might be Hubby...........80 ......too much gold.............. lol

May be more than that... and all off the jewellery my parents gave me on my wedding and they gave when my daughter was born. It was in pakistani bank locker b4 but my husband said everyday in pakistan banks are being robbed so its not safe to keep it in pakistani banks. Better to keep it with ureself....  because those days we used to heard lots of banks were being robbed in pak..and i bought a locker from jarir book store  and i brought all of my jewellery here and kept it in the locker.....

Rukhsaar wrote:

May be more than that... and all off the jewellery my parents gave me on my wedding and they gave when my daughter was born. It was in pakistani bank locker b4 but my husband said everyday in pakistan banks are being robbed so its not safe to keep it in pakistani banks. Better to keep it with ureself....  because those days we used to heard lots of banks were being robbed in pak..and i bought a locker from jarir book store  and i brought all of my jewellery here and kept it in the locker.....

If you kept in the bank in Pakiland, then you should have done that here too.

That's a lot of gold and cash...

Well something is sounding fishy. I know a similar case where maid was involved in the theft. But it's better to not to jump to conclusions. Better lodge a police complaint.

Thank you Mr. Holmes. I hope you had a good laugh.

Is it because you recently became a VIP, that your comments are becoming so ridiculous.

Allah knows why hes not going to the police for report directly..... he said there is a proper prcedure for that..... first he has to talk to his company HR and then they will do some documentations and they will involve the police into this and will do investigation and all!!!!
Cant we go to the police direct and report for the robbery??? I dont know what is the Law here.... why involving HR is Important???

Anyone else finding it difficult to take this seriously, because of the smiling picture beside the comments.

Don't judge XB23. I'm 1% with you. But anyways why husband is scared To visit the police station !? They will not eat you. Just go ahead with the police complaint and let them do their work, if they will :)

Cranx wrote:

Thank you Mr. Holmes. I hope you had a good laugh.

Is it because you recently became a VIP, that your comments are becoming so ridiculous.

no it's because people like "you" who think the thief will be caught and jewellery will be recovered.

And lol this VIP sh!t

My husband says he will go and report to police but it has to be through company HR. they will proceed it to police... i cant go direct

Come on guys, don't investigate the case.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/24900000/CSI-Miami-csi-miami-24962862-300-400.jpg
Listen up!!! Let Police decide; Okay?

Mariem88 wrote:

Don't judge XB23. I'm 1% with you. But anyways why husband is scared To visit the police station !? They will not eat you. Just go ahead with the police complaint and let them do their work, if they will :)

^ Yea that!

Eyes are more appealing to me :D

It's too late now, even if the complain is filed there will be finger prints of the wife, the husband and the brother.

Seems like the work done was pro...besides, why did the husband travel 4 hours after your flight.

We are becoming investigators now!

Rukhsaar wrote:

My husband says he will go and report to police but it has to be through company HR. they will proceed it to police... i cant go direct

what has HR to do with this ?

nothing!

Exactly!!! What HR has to do wid this?

hamudi wrote:
Rukhsaar wrote:

what has HR to do with this ?

nothing!

Language barrier probably.

The police will ask the questions I mentioned above.
Before you go to them, make sure you like the answers.
As for a simple theft, why would there be any delay in reporting the crime to the police?
They'll probably ask that as well, along with checking bank records to look at your finances.

No sign of forced entry to the house, the safe keys missing, and a very short list of possible suspects.

Thats is the reason i posted it here to ASK.... what does HR do if its a home Robbery....

Can i go alone and report it to the police??? Because my husband says he will do it through company HR and HR will tell the police and investigate...

You can.

Are you both were on vacation to pakistan ?

Hubby will be in trouble..so please don't go alone..........unless you suspect hubby as well. I feel pity for him.. :sosad:

There is no concern with your husband company HR regarding this issue, it's your personal case, so you and your husband should have to go police station and submit your case, but be sure it's Saudi Arabia you have to tell them word by word true don't hide or lie to them, they gonna investigate properly and so deeply... of curse they will disturb you and your husband any time during their investigation.

Well you can go for further investigate by your self to ask building hars (security guard) or your neighbors if they saw any stranger to enter in your building or trying to open your home, ...

Well if it's happen in your home then go for this take my advice....
1. Who have they key of your main entrance door to your home?
2. Who have the room key?
3. Locker was still lock so it's mean someone open and take out gold and re-lock and left...who have the locker key?
4. Are you sure key was lost or given to someone?
5. No one can do that unless he don't know who are you, and when you brought Gold and where you place, and he did so clearly that robbery,.

If i am in police, simple i am gonna catch your husband and start investigate, so simple to find out.
Rahman.

It's look like totally all signs against your husband....

1. Why he not going direct to police?
2. HR have no concern with that, it's your personal issue.
3. Why he bring all Gold here rather then Pakistan? is he planned before that...
4. Who have the key of your home main door? then room door key? then locker key?
5. Who knows you brought that Gold from Pakistan?
6. Who knows  where you place?
7. Why he not broke the lock to take that? he properly open and stolen everything.

Your husband is in trouble, Police gonna catch him first, if I am in police your husband is the one know everything.
Save your husband and forget Gold...if you want Gold back..Your husband will be in big trouble.

Rahman

Akprince wrote:

It's look like totally all signs against your husband....

1. Why he not going direct to police?
2. HR have no concern with that, it's your personal issue.
3. Why he bring all Gold here rather then Pakistan? is he planned before that...
4. Who have the key of your home main door? then room door key? then locker key?
5. Who knows you brought that Gold from Pakistan?
6. Who knows  where you place?
7. Why he not broke the lock to take that? he properly open and stolen everything.

Your husband is in trouble, Police gonna catch him first, if I am in police your husband is the one know everything.
Save your husband and forget Gold...if you want Gold back..Your husband will be in big trouble.

Rahman

If as you say the husband has stolen it, then why save a robber over the gold and spend the rest of our life with a robber??

Your logic is too good for me... :lol::lol:

Closed