Activities for kids

hi,i have just recently moved to Rak with my 4 year old son Igoa and would really like to meet some other mothers with children of a similar age. I am feeling a bit isolated as i don't have a car. are there any kids clubs or nurseries near by?
many thanks,
Ena

Hi Ena, welcome to Expat-blog! :) I am sure you will make some nice contacts on the site. Do not hesitate to view other threads on the Ras al Khaimah forum.

I wish you good luck.
All the best,
Christine

Hello Ena and welcome to Expat.com :)

All depends where you are living; there are lots of nurseries around in RAK as I can see when you are driving around but I don't know the quality of them.

Rakess school accepts children of that age in KG2 but you should already have your resident permit or be able to prove that the visa process is ongoing.

There is also a lady in Al Hamra village who is giving arts & crafts classes for children.

Coffee mornings are happening each week also where ladies meet and exchange ; I can forward you those infos if you'd like.

Get back to tell me where about you are living.

Have a nice day further! :)

Arlette

thanks Arlette, i am based in Al Hamra and would be very grateful for the coffee morning info.
kind regards,
Ena

sorry forgot to also ask for the details on that art/craft session sounds interesting!when and where does it run? and how much does it cost per session? is it drop in
many thanks once again,
Ena

Hello Ena,

Good news: I'm also in Al Hamra :) It's nice to see newcomers arriving. Slowly on Al Hamra is filling up.

I'll get back to you with the info on coffee mornings and arts&crafts workshops for the kids.

Talk to you soon ;)
Arlette

Hello Ena,

I did send you an email; could you confirm if you received it?

Thanks
Arlette

Hi Ena and Arlette,
I too have moved to Al Hamra recently, and I'm looking out for some activities for my 3 yr old daughter.
I stay in T-136...
would be more than happy to make new friends in the neighborhood :)
hope to hear from u guys soon
-Asma

Welcome on Expat.com Asma ;)

thanks  yud!

Hi Ena, Asma and Arlette,

have the three of you ever met already? I just visited this web again after quiet sometimes. Just got back from vacationing for one month and after about 8 months in RAK I still don't have any contact a.k.a mom with toddlers like me :)
Now that I know we are neighbours, I just want to say hi to all of you and maybe someday could meet up...or doing a playdate..

Dear Arlette, if the morning coffee still on till today I would love to have those infos too... :)

Cheers,
Rina

Hmmm! I've been quite lazy lately and did not come on RAK's forum a lot. So I've missed a lot of discussions.

To answer to some questions here: the lady who was giving some arts & crafts classes for children unfortunately left UAE :/

Am not so much aware of coffee mornings anymore (didn't attend any since November last year). Only thing I know is that the lady who was organizing them is very sick and I have had no news of her since a couple of weeks....

BTW a lot of people are leaving the country for the summer. I suppose activities will start again in September...

I'm off for a short vacation next week but we could all meet-up for a coffee at Al Hamra Mall end of the month upon my return (if you accept the company of an "old" lady, LOL

Enjoy your vacation, Arlette!

Where are all the other moms??...yeah that would be a good idea if we can all meet up at the end of the month...

Btw, just info, IL Mondo nursery is just around the corner of Al Hamra, it is in one of the Town House, near GA building. My son just joined the summer camp class and the school year will start in September.

It is really great actually because it is really close by...I am really glad I find it.

Hi ena,
I am living in al hamra with my 3 years old daughter,I am looking for playdates to make her happier , one of the good activities ,she enjoys , is music. I am a music teacher and I believe that they are capable of learning  it and enjoy more.
take care,

Hello FeeACER,
I have a piano and equippments which are needed . I think they will enjoy it.

Hello gilandokht!

Welcome to Expat.com.;)

Harmonie.:)

Hello and welcome to Expat.com, gilandokht! :)

Hey that would be a good idea to start music classes for small kids but then I don't know if you're equipped for that!

I did also send you a private message!

Cheers
Arlette

For those interested in starting some activities in RAK or Al Hamra, you can put an ad in RAK's Classifieds : leisure activities

Hi Harmonie,
thanks dear, I am glad to have more connections and friends.
All the best,

Hi Gilandokht...

In which part of Al Hamra are you staying?.. a playdate sounds great..I have three years and two years old boys...

Would be nice to have new friends ^_^

Cheers,

I am living in town house, st tirana, what about you?

Hmm...which side is that?...we are staying in one of the Golf apartment.

It is very close to al hamra Mall.
By the way, I have car, and we can handle it.
Let me know which day is better for you to have the playdate,
Cheers,

Hi Im new to the expat forum, i live in Dubai in Sports City but we have a place here also in RAK AlHamra; we come here every weekend and holidays. I have twin girls they're 3 years old and love swimming; would be nice to meet other Moms and kids also. Your most welcome to email me or call me if you want to meet up. Thanks. .

Hello Everyone,
       I am Meena and i stay in Al Hamra Bab Al Bahr area. I moved here a month back. Its nice to know that there are so many people with babies and toddlers like me in this area. It would be great to meet you all.I have a daughter who is 2.5yrs old and goes to Il Felice Monde nursery which is behind the Al hamra mall.

Rina: Hey Rina..sorry cudn't catch u up in the recent days. We cud organize for a meet up at my place at your convenient date...Let me know

Best Regards,
Meena

Hi,
   Me and Rina are planning to meet at Nero cafe on tuesday at 10 am. If any of you are interested kindly let me know. We could meet and know each other...

Have a nice weekend

Meena

I found a site that offers free coloring pages for kids to print and color.  After looking at comparable sites, I found this site to be clutter-free of ads as well as providing an easy-to-find method of selecting the appropriate pages.  The website is:

coloringpages4kids.net

Thank you,

Ruth