Nursery recommendations?

Hello again,

Does anyone have their kids signed in at KidsZone? If yes, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Also, any recommendations for nuseries in Al Hamra?

THANKS!

[Moderated]

Hi I am relocating from Dubai to RAK and from what i can see there are no real british nurseries available for a child under 3? I have  2 year old and am currently pregnant and my little one has been attending nursery in dubai for the last 6 monthes we pay around 11,500 per term and although this is expensive i really would not feel comfortable sending him to a very low grade nursery as per what i am seing online i would also like feedback are their any out there? thanks Helen.

Hi Helen!

Well i'm quiet interested in this as I have been in the UAE back and fourth for 12 years! - but based in Dubai and Hubby works in RAK! ............ I do a lot of nursery set up and managing nurseries and have set up the 'best' nurseries in the UAE as rated by the local MSA and parents and children's speak volumes! :D
I would set up a nursery in al hamra area (quality) with british staff and excellent resources IF parents would pay the fees! Obviously this would be less than the average Dubai fees but would also be good to know how many mums are in RAK and if other mummys would see the value in quality early years education and care? ???

Any replies would be great!!

x

Hi
We've lived in RAK for 2 years, we both teach at local college/ university. In the uk my son started nursery at 11 months when we moved out here we too were nervous about places. We signed him up at Kidzone in the FTZ in Mamoura. At the time it was full and we sent him to Little Oxford, they were kind but standard wasn't what we were used to so we removed him.

He's been in Kidzone now for over 1.5years and loves it. It's beautiful inside all good quality new equipment. The staff, although all Phillipina and non-native speakers are incredible. I would argue their language and skills are higher than we experienced in UK. They are brilliant with the kids and they have a lot of wonderful activities.

My son is in KG1 is learning all his ABCs, numbers and has Arabic lessons every week. He understands Arabic and can write some letters. We have the option to remove him for KG2 but we are so happy with the learning, the additional activities and the care the kids receive that we plan to keep him there until he starts school. Another bonus us the wonderful mix of expat and local kids. Lots of Emirati parents, who want their kids to be bilingual send them here.

Can't recommend it highly enough, easily equal to the brand new and high quality nursery my son was in in Hertfordshire UK.

Good luck, get their names down soon they have long waiting lists.