Parenting in the United Arab Emirates

Hello everyone,

Being a parent can be challenging, and even more so when moving abroad, but it can also be an enriching experience. Tell us more below about your role as a parent in the United Arab Emirates.

How are you experiencing your parental role in your new home? Has your move abroad changed anything in your parental perspective or approach?

On a professional level, have you been able to balance your family life and career? How so? Tell us about the benefits that parents can enjoy in the United Arab Emirates, such as maternity leave, etc.?

How do you deal with being a parent as an expat, without the support of your extended family in the country?

Do you have any advice on how to introduce the culture in your new country to your children, while maintaining the traditions and customs of your home country?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi,

Thats a very good topic to discuss.
Am planning to move to Dubai soon and these kind of questions do comes to everyone's mind before he travels to any new country.

How will it be for our family to shift along with?
How the schooling will be done ?
How different will it be from your existing place of stay ?
what will be the places for the parents to go in there free time as majority of relatives are not there !
Shall we move alone for the first 6 months or not ?
how to find a suitable place to stay with family ?

If anyone can give some deep thoughts it will be appreciated pls.

Best regards
Niks

hi dear

good morning.  i feel UAE is more flexible and comfortable for me to live. i was working here on 2014-2017 period. may be this is the reason to feel said comfortableness.
as a parent, i think Bahrain is better to live if u are staying with family because of low living expenses than UAE, for a people who living here without family they can get good remuneration than Bahrain and can meet any financial needs of their family as possible.

Thank you

Following this.. :)

Thans very much for your respection and this is very good topic to discuss