Any expats from Singapore currently staying in Doha could assist me?

Hi everyone, I am going to head over to Doha in 1 months time. Recently got married last week and was hoping to know if I need to get my marriage certificate validated by the Qatar Foreign Embassy in Singapore before I head over so that the process for getting a family permanent visa in Doha will be faster?

Any expats from Singapore currently staying in Doha could assist me with some information? Appreciate it greatly!

Thank you!

Regards
J.

Hi Joshlim88,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Doha forum for more visibility and interaction with the members.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

I'd be relocating to Doha with my family in Jan next year and hopes to connect with Singaporean Expats who are already there.  Any tips on housing, car, schools, etc will be most welcome!

Hi there,

Welcome to DOHA! Please refer to the following information

Step1: http://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/overs … rial.html.
Ministry of Foreign Affair of SIngapore :
LEGALISATION OF SINGAPORE DOCUMENTS TO BE USED IN QATAR

Legalisation of Government Documents

All documents issued by the Singapore Government Departments (eg. Registry of Marriage Certificates, Birth Certificates and Educational Certificates from local government schools) in their original text will be directly legalised by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). However, computer generated documents eg. Registrar of Marriage Search, Certificate of Making Decree Nisi Absolute, Adoption Petition, Business Profile from ACRA etc, must be certified by the issuing department first before presenting to MFA for legalisation.

For legalisation of true copies, please present the photocopy together with the original document for verification. After the legalisation by MFA, the documents should then be brought to the Qatar Embassy in Singapore for authentication.

Legalisation of Non-Government Documents

Non-government documents (foreign / private / company documents) for use overseas to be legalised as follows:
Notarised by a Notary Public (any law firm offering notarial services).

To be issued with a notarial certificate.

Certified by the Singapore Academy of Law

Address: 1 Supreme Court Lane,
Level 6, Singapore 178879
Tel: 6332 4388
Fax: 6334 4940

Proceed to Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore (MFA) for legalisation.

Commercial documents such as Invoices, Bills of Sales, Certificates of Origin, Fumigation certificates, etc should be certified or seen by any of the four Chambers of Commerce (International, Chinese, Indian & Malay) or the Singapore Manufacturers' Association before presenting to MFA for legalisation.

After the legalisation by MFA, the documents should then be brought to the Qatar Embassy in Singapore for authentication.
Processing time: Immediate.

Step 2: Brind the Legalised Copy to Qatar Embassy to Legalised.
Address: Qatari Embassy in Singapore, Singapore

8 Tamasek Boulevard
#41-02 Suntec Tower 3
Singapore 038988
Singapore
TELEPHONE( 65) 6593 9900

For legalised timing is : 10am to 12pm or 1pm (sorry forgot)
Processing TIme: 2 working days. ( You need to make payment before the process of 2 working day)
Information: Was being told to cross over to Millenia Tower where Qatar Bank is to process the payment with receipt and go bank to Qatar Embassy for confirmation of Legalised processing. Qatar Embassy will given a slip for collection date with time between 2pm to 4pm (sorry forgot again )

Hope this is help and good luck!

Hi,

Joshlim88

Document attestation in Singapore : Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Tanglin Road -> Qatar Embassy at Suntech City.

When you submit document in Qatar Embassy at SG they will take it only after you MFA attestation. For collection it is usually after 3 working days. At MFA it is done immediately. Please plan well and don't keep attestation work at last moment.

Once you arrive at Qatar it is pretty simple SG embassy and Qatar Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Hope this helps. I happen to do it for my kids BC. I'm PR not Singaporean living in Doha for 9 years need any help please message me. Good luck for your attestation.

Regards,
Allan

Hi Josh

You'll enjoy it there ...... lots of fun time & lots of Singaporeans around to mingle around. Get in touch with SG High Comm to know of fellow reddotters or you may wanna scout around FB

Happy landing
Zaxmozen

hy, where do u find fresh noodles here? i searched all carefour