Living in Ghana

I'm looking for a change, and would like info on living in Ghana, I have a passport, I work in Law Enforcement... But my passion is in the social work field (helping people)... Just want to know how to go about the change. I don't know anyone from Ghana, just love African culture  :)

My suggestion would be to come for a holiday and see if reality meets your expectations and if it does then maybe you could volunteer in some form first and look for opportunities.

just get contact  any of the local NGO  they will help you know the in and out of Ghana and social work field (helping people). in Ghana here . local NGO like (Start African Child Education Foundation Ghana) facebook.com/Start-African-Child-Education-Foundation-Ghana-838356689592446/timeline/

Hi I'm Mimi and I just moved to Accra about a month ago. It's a new culture and it's been a serious process of adjustment for me. Accra is a fascinating place. Whenever I go out for a drive, I can hardly speak as there is so much to see and experience. The streets are filled with interesting sights and sounds and smells... So much to take in. I do love the people and the vibe here. It's lively and some times frenetic with the crazy traffic and constant flow of activity. The balance I love is coming home to our little compound, where it's a peaceful family environment. I'm getting used to the foods after having some issues with my stomach being upset. Yet all and all it's been a great experience. I'm learning that If you come here trying to live an American lifestyle, it will be very expensive and the transition will be difficult. However, if you come seeking to learn this way of life and to do things they way they're done here, the adjustment will be much easier. You will also need to come with sufficient income as many things cost more than in the US.