Hello, this is me

Hello, expatBlog won't let me reply to a message I've received - apparently I need to introduce myself again to prove I'm not a spammer! :)

OK, well my name is Tom. I'm English and have been living in Rio since July 2010. My Portuguese is rubbish, but I'm slowly improving and maybe by the time the Olympics are on I'll be able to order a beer (just kidding, I should be able to order a beer in time for the World Cup).

Isn't the weather in Rio frustrating? Every day that I work the sun shines and it looks beautiful. Then the weekend comes around and it rains!

Anyway, I hope you're all having a great day,

Tom

Hi Tom! Thank you for your introduction.

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Hey, tom!!!!!

How are you doing??? I see you're going fast with the portuguese.

I'm Celia, a spanish lady, living in Rio since May. My portuguese is crap too, but I manage to survive with the portunyol... or maybe that's what i think, because when i speak I see the faces of the cariocas looking at me in a weird way as if they dont understand me anything!!!!!

Rio is rainy, but I'm waiting for the sun to come!! Let's be optimistic there

I'm new to this webpage of expats, but i really want to have some people to go and practise ordering choppes in brasileiro. If you want to learn how to say it in portunyol, let's get in touch!

ciao!
celia

Hey Celia,

Sounds great! I work the whole time and although I go out a bit, I feel like it would be great to meet some new people. Choppe and portunyol sounds good :)

Tom

Hey guys,

I'm Lorena, Spanish too and new in the city.

My Portuguese is awful as well so I try to survive with Portuñol or English but not sure which one is worse :-)

Completly agree with you, weather is so frustrating!! I'm dreaming with some sun and a full day on the beach!

I'd love meeting new people too.

If you feel like having a coffee/drink just let me know :-)

Cheers

Lorena

hey!!!! hola, lorena!!!!
we're in the same situation then.

if you want to, we can meet this weekend or on thursday for some drinks. I'm staying in ipanema, but i can go wherever... ;-)

how do you see thursday nite? at 8 or so.
if you propose the place it would be great!
besosssss

How nice! Seems there are lots of us in the same situation. That makes me feel better :)

This might sound a bit funny, but I'm actually getting married on Thursday and the wedding party is on Saturday, so I'm going to be kind of busy! But I'd love to meet up with you guys next time (in a week or two?). Let me know if/when that sounds good,

Tom

tom, that's the weirdest and most powerful excuse i've ever had!!!!! :-)))
ok, parabens and have a lovely wedding!!!!! when you're back, just write here and we catch up!
besinhos!

Boa tarde!

So did you guys get round to meeting up for that drink? Anyone up for meeting sometime this week or next? With the weather being so hot, I need a beer or two!! :)

Tom

Hey, tom!!!

Congrats for the wedding!
I'm leaving on friday to spain, but maybe we can have a drink on wednesday!!! is it ok for you?
ciao!
celia

Hey thanks! It went really well! :)

Wednesday is great - is there a place that is good for you? I work in Botafogo, but can go anywhere. Tchau!

Tom

Hi guys, as you are all new in town, I thought you could be interesting with my services. [Moderated]