Container share from South Africa

Hello, I'm in the middle of relocating to Malta, from South Africa, with my two sons and my mother. Our aim is to be over by the end of the year.
I am actually coming over for 2 weeks to see which area I would want to live in. I arrive next Tuesday. It is my first time on the island so I am excited. My mother is Maltese and was born on the island and has many family members there.
I have been getting quotes to ship our household contents over, however,  the price they want to charge us for our contents is just madness.
There are however a number of boxes, some paintings and one or two pieces of furniture that I want to bring over, so I am looking for people in a similar situation,  that we could share a container with.
The best time would be at the end of the year but happy to send our stuff sooner or later, to accommodate whoever would be keen to share.
I do have loads of other questions but this will do for now!
Thank you!
Julie

Hi Julie,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to post an ad in the Container sharing in Malta section, it might help.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Julie,
  some eight weeks back I had my personal effects shipped out from Cape Town. The consignment which, if I recall was 1.7 cubic mtr and weighing 375kg, cost me in the region of R8500.00.
           Rich Muir, Qawra.

Hi Pricilla, thank you, I had already placed an ad there but felt that there was a stronger presence of people interacting under the forums so thought there would be no harm in asking.
Thank you, Rich Muir - I got a very similar quote. I just feel that I would rather buy new furniture and just ship boxes.
Thanks again!
😊

Julia,
   well that's right, all my stuff was books personal effects, no furniture. I thought that was a pretty good rate.
                   cheers Rich.

Hi Rich

Can you recall which company you used. This seems like a very reasonable quote to the ones I have heard

Jane,
Econo Trans,
28 Milner Rd., Paarden Eiland,
Cape Town Tel.+27115115513
E-mail: [email protected]

Cheers Rich.