Warning!! Check your registration plates!!

Tonight the police in Dammam took my car at one of the checkpoints because the numbers and letters on the registration plates on the car were only in Arabic, The policeman told me that they should now be in Arabic and English. I had no idea about this and noone at work had mentioned this and I hadn't heard anyone talk about this or seen it advertised anywhere. I told the officer I didn't know about the new rule but he didn't care. He took my car key and had my car impounded and said I had to pay a fine of $100 riyals and get the new plates but he couldn't tell me how much they were going to cost me. I'm also going to have to pay the cost of the car being towed to the pound before getting my car back. I feel this is very unfair and harsh. So I'm typing this to warn everyone to check their plates so they can avoid what happened to me.

mac2210 wrote:

Tonight the police in Dammam took my car at one of the checkpoints because the numbers and letters on the registration plates on the car were only in Arabic, The policeman told me that they should now be in Arabic and English. I had no idea about this and noone at work had mentioned this and I hadn't heard anyone talk about this or seen it advertised anywhere. I told the officer I didn't know about the new rule but he didn't care. He took my car key and had my car impounded and said I had to pay a fine of $100 riyals and get the new plates but he couldn't tell me how much they were going to cost me. I'm also going to have to pay the cost of the car being towed to the pound before getting my car back. I feel this is very unfair and harsh. So I'm typing this to warn everyone to check their plates so they can avoid what happened to me.

Thanks for the information..