Dirt Bike / off road opportunities

Hello,

It looks like I will be moving to the area from the US later in the year. I will need to find some activities besides the gym and guitar to keep my head clear. Are there any offroad motorcycle clubs in the area. I'm totally in the dark as far as exploration privilages go for Expats. Are there any motorcycle enthusiasts on this board? Thanks for your time!

So.....I guess you guys aren't into that type of stuff. Ok, well I guess I'll figure it out when I get there.

Well, you might be moved into a compound, and I don't know, but I've heard they've got it all. Anyway, for a gym, I'd recommend Fitness Time. It has a lot of places, and really equipped. Best of luck, and welcome to the Kingdom.

Ramon,

I don't do the dirt bike gig...but I do make music...I've got a guitar, ukelele, and harmonicas in all keys, look me up if you want to jam.

Lots of offroad opportunities, 4x4 and those little off-road buggies.

Not so many cycles here.

Quite a few places south of Khobar/Dammam in the Half-Moon Bay area to do this.

Once you get settled in, you'll easily find opportunities to do some offroading.

Hi John,
Sorry,Im a girl and a 'Mall Rat",and I couldnt comment because the only off road opportunities I take is being dropped off by my driver on the side of the road to go shopping at the Mall.

But motorcyle eye candy here of note if you going to own one here.

See ya in the Kingdom soon.

Hi you all!!

I am moving to Damman in one month whith a colleague from Spain.

If you organize something as 4X4, dirt bike,...whatever, just inform us, because I think i will need many things to do also to have my head clear and to spend a very good time there!!

I hope to meet all of you there!!

Hey, Thanks for all of your input! I have to be honest that I forgot about this post! So, I checked out Half moon bay the other day and that was pretty good...slightly crowded and dangerous since everybody lets the ATV's babysit their kids!!! I also got in touch with a fellow at the KTM farm in Dubai and rented a quad for a day...it was very nice!

Livibeans, I would love to jam... I have my acoustic, electric and a small Fender hybrid tube amp. I'll send ya a pm.

Again, thanks for the responses!

WHy dont you visit the Khobar forum, I have a post on soem of the things that you can do over here!

Seems like you have already found out about the ATVs in half moon. If you do find anything else that you would like to do, and you want a partner in ***, Do tell me! 

Cheers

drop me an email (better send me a PM). I ride a KTM990 Adventure, recently switched to knobbies for the winter desert rides ... looking for riding partners.

cheers
Vicks

@vicks: sure thing..
but then I will have to watch as u ride! no bike with me yet! :(

RedGoblin wrote:

@vicks: sure thing..
but then I will have to watch as u ride! no bike with me yet! :(

but then you do know that there are several dirt bikes for sale in khobar/dammam area right ?

i've been riding with a mate of mine but of late he's been busy so i'm looking for riding partners frantically. I once went out riding all alone and tore my ACJ when i crashed off road, had to get operated (plate in the shoulder) and was out of action for a month. Since then i have promised SWMBO that i'll not ride off-road alone.

There are quite a few used Yammies and KTMs for sale... let me know if you need help in finding one i have a few contacts who are looking at selling theirs.

Me and the mrs are proper outdoors people and love 4-wheeling. If you want to do some day trips/overnighters into the desert you are welcome to join us (if you drive an SUV/4x4). The 4x4 enthusiast scene in saudi is pretty un-organised, not many public forums/boards where like minded ppl can meet up and organise drives/rides. I'm still trying to get in touch with as many ppl possible to organise some kind of a group drive, but in the absence of a public forum/board its tough.

Do ring me if you want to just meet up and talk bikes... am located in khobar, behind Eastern cement tower building (DHL signal)

cheers
Vicks (ph no. deleted)

edit : just read on several threads here on the forum about the harassment people face when they make their phone nos public. Please send me a PM if you want to get in touch.

@vicks: yeah good thing u deleted the no. dont put ur email here as well.. ur inbox will stuff up on spam!

Cheers!

RedGoblin wrote:

@vicks: yeah good thing u deleted the no. dont put ur email here as well.. ur inbox will stuff up on spam!

Cheers!

thx. did that too....

btw, u interested in picking up a bike getting into off-road riding ?

cheers
Vicks

hi been reading with interest i am coming out to khobar on the 13th feb and i was looking online for bike hire with a view to going out for a ride while my wife and i are out in khobar but found nothing would love to have the chance to go out for some fun in the sand.

I'm looking at a KTM right now..... I live in Bahrain but work in Saudi and I drive a car = no truck..... I'm trying to decide where I would keep it.... I've got so much stuff going on with work I'll probably put it on the back burner for a while....  When does it get too hot to ride in the summer...or am I just being a Sally? June?

R80GS'er wrote:

hi been reading with interest i am coming out to khobar on the 13th feb and i was looking online for bike hire with a view to going out for a ride while my wife and i are out in khobar but found nothing would love to have the chance to go out for some fun in the sand.

R80,

there are no dirt bike rentals out here. If you wanna ride it, you'll have to buy/borrow it. However, several dirtbike are for sale on the used market. check out the several local online classifieds for some good deals. lemme know if you need help.

jth3a wrote:

I'm looking at a KTM right now..... I live in Bahrain but work in Saudi and I drive a car = no truck..... I'm trying to decide where I would keep it.... I've got so much stuff going on with work I'll probably put it on the back burner for a while....  When does it get too hot to ride in the summer...or am I just being a Sally? June?

J,

summer is usually apr/May to Sep/Oct and the humidity gets ridiculous between June-Oct.

PS : you know u wanna do it .. u know u wanna do it...    c'mon man !!!  ;-)

PPS : you can even store your bike in my compound next to my bike ....

vicks as you might guess by my name i have a bike here in the uk with me and when i'm sorted it would be nice to think i could get my baby out there.  :-)

do you have any idea on whether it will be a good or bad thing to get it to saudi with me?

R80GS'er wrote:

vicks as you might guess by my name i have a bike here in the uk with me and when i'm sorted it would be nice to think i could get my baby out there.  :-)

do you have any idea on whether it will be a good or bad thing to get it to saudi with me?

Yep, i guessed it. love the classic R80s....

nothing good / bad about getting your bike here. You might have to put up with the procedures n crap at the customs/police for importation & registration etc apart from paying 5% customs duty. So if you have a capable local guy who can handle it for you, i wouldn't do it by myself. Better off buying a new/used bike locally (after u get ur license ie.,) ..... as i mentioned earlier, quite a few used bikes for sale over here ...

If you can't live without the love of your life (i'm talking bikes here) then, do it, just get the bike over. The importation is just a small hassle for the joy of being with her.

lots of riding (on/off - road) to be done from here (dubai, oman, jordan, syria ...)

Hey Guys,

should be in KSA soon, and looking to get in on the action.
Vicks, whats for sale and what prices are we looking at?
Also where to buy kit. boots etc, or better to cargo from home country ?
Is it mostly dune-bashing or are they trails etc to ride?

Will need to plan well to juggle golf, jet-ski and bikes !!

Booga wrote:

Hey Guys,

should be in KSA soon, and looking to get in on the action.
Vicks, whats for sale and what prices are we looking at?
Also where to buy kit. boots etc, or better to cargo from home country ?
Is it mostly dune-bashing or are they trails etc to ride?

Will need to plan well to juggle golf, jet-ski and bikes !!

Hey there,

you can check out dubizzle.com and expatriates.com in the motorcycles section. Other than that its down to doing rounds of the 2nd hand bike market in Dammam if you want to pick one up.

Best to buy/get your kit from home. Not many good options here and they are all 20-40% dearer. Mostly sand desert, dune bashing and big wadi riding here in the eastern region. Riyadh and jeddah side you'll find some rocky trails etc.

temps are cooling off so i should be getting out into the desert on 2-wheels in a month or two.

cheers
Vicks

Hi all,

I know this thread is relly old but wondering if anyone is still around and playing out in the sand in the Eastern Province? My husband has a KTM 300EXC here with us in Jubail, and would be awesome to find some pals for him to go out with. We've also just got ourselves a Nissan Xterra so looking for some good 4x4 playgrounds in the area too.

Thanks!

Sarah

Hi Sarahp21,

I have a Wrangler myself, but due to not knowing any offroaders in the area, I still haven't used it offroad!

If you do manage to get together a group of expats willing to do some offroading, let me know and I'll be more than happy to join.

I live in Khobar by the way...
Thanks.

hey i have Yamaha wr450 dirt bike and Toyota Land Cruiser looking for group in Riyadh or Eastern Province if u r interested send me a private message

Moderated by Julien 7 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct