Learning Spanish

Hi all!

I recently moved to Santiago from the US. Anyone have suggestions for learning Spanish besides paying for lessons? Thanks!

Maggie

Hi Maggie! :) Welcome on Expat-blog!

Your topic has been moved on the Santiago forum.

Good luck :)
Christine

Christine specialty is moving messages around or happily deleting them...

Welcome on Expat.com Ferthelet & Maggie417,

At Ferthelet -
As you will notice Christine is the forum administrator, and her tasks is to regulate the forum which very often implies: -

1. Redirection of posts and discussions in their respective forums. (For example, a post concerning Los Angelos, cannot be found in the Quebec forum because it will be kind of misleading for members)

2. Delete offensive, abusive posts.

So it is not a question of "happily delete posts or discussions" of Expat.com members; It is only Moderation and Regulation of the forum; By doing so, we will have a safe and informative platform where all members can surf and inform themselves in a civilized way.

Wish you a good week ahead!

Regards

Maggie,

Try spanishclass.cl

Classes are one to one however if you have friends or colleagues whom whish to join you then small group classes can be arranged. Classes take place in the office next to Tobalaba metro Station. The teacher can also come to a location of your choice.

Good luck!

hi maggie,
I've recently shifted to Iquique
I'm learning my spanish thru spanishdict.com.
Check it out...it works :)
Regards

For anyone who wishes to get a quick grasp on Spanish, I highly recommend the follwing:

Rocket SPanish - a downloadable audio & visual PDF course that jumpstarts a newcomer to Spanish with a fundamental comprehension of verbal/interactive & grammatical skills.

rocketlanguages.com/your-community/spanish

Also try these free online resources; VERY useful, helped me a lot:

studyspanish.com/

spanish.speak7.com/index.htm

Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone for all the advice!

There are loads of free Spanish activities at spanish.cl then it's a matter of having Chilean friends (avoid the typical gringo hangouts).

try talking to people like me from chile

Hello chise, Welcome on Expat.com ;)

I guess a short presentation first would be awesome :whistle:

Regards