Fresh Fish in Rincon

Hi All,

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to find fresh local fish? What I'm seeing in the grocery stores is not that great.. I am hoping there are some fisherman that sell to locals;) thanks for any info you may have.

Rachel

I live on the South Coast but the same rule applies. You find fresh or fresh frozen local fish at the pesquerias also known as the fisherman co- ops. They are usually located near to the fishing boats. It seems that most fishing is done at night and the very early morning hours when the surf is calm so you might be able to get it right from the boats. Ask around for the local pesquerias.

Great thank you!😊

talk to angel  he is at the art walk and at the farmer market as well. he also is at the balernio beach usually where they rent kayaks and paddle boards      **

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links not allowed on the forum

Check at Crashboat beach in Aguadilla. They have a spot right on the beach where they take in and process fresh fish right off the boat. I would imagine there would be a place or two like that in Cabo Rojo as well. Just ask around. Check the Plaza Mercado there too.

Awesome thanks so much everyone 😊

We were at Crashboat Beach last Feb. and the fisherman's place was closed.  Is there certain days when they are open?

My husband is from carpentersville Illinois.  People with businessess here on the island open and close when they want. It was quite shocking to me when we first got here. I am now us to the unreliability.  When you move here Angel from the art walk knows these answers. I am sure we will also when we make our move to Rincon Oct 1. So I will have better answers for you in a couple weeks

Sometimes they don't go fishing, others they made enough money, if you don't need money, why work?

Thank you, Sandra!  Yes, I've begun to realize the same thing about the businesses, haha.  We are about an hour northwest in Machesney Park, sort of neighbors ;)

Rey, actually not a bad philosophy, if you have enough, why need more.

Schuttzie wrote:

Rey, actually not a bad philosophy, if you have enough, why need more.

Today I have recruiters contacting me in MA at least once a week, sometimes 4 times a week. Not changing jobs because I am getting ready to retire. However I will take a few consulting jobs when I move to the island with mainland companies. I normally charge 75 an hour but while in PR, I plan to just charge 60 and work 1 to 2 weeks a month max. Just money to party from time to time or to do some traveling.

Sounds like a good plan, Rey~

There is a fishing co-op right off PR 429 on the beach.  Stop by there around 10 am.   Boats come in before that time and you can score fresh fish.  If the boats get there earlier, fish are cleaned and thrown into a freezer.  You can get them before their frozen.
I live down the beach from them.  Ask for Joel.

Awesome!! Thank you so much I will be there this week;-)