Just one Question....

Can the entire process of obtaining a retirement visa be completed here in the US by a Panamanian Embassy or must it be done IN Panama ?

Geez you'd be lucky to get it done here at all. Its suppose to be 60 days then if you're not rejected its automatic granted. Yeah right. I've been waiting almost 5 years for my full residency visa. Don't hold your breath.

BTW, if you are going to travel anywhere outside of Panama at least twice a year,  you don't need a residency visa anymore. Truthfully I don't see the need for residency anymore. A waste of energy, time and money.

08 Nov
Hi, DianenBob-  My pensionado visa was granted March 2009.  I
will return to Panama 20 Jan 2011 & establish permanent retirement residency then.  I will be traveling around Panama a lot to decide where I'd like to settle.  I had to submit various notarized documents(in English)to the Panamanian Consulate in San Diego, CA first. Consulate then evaluated my "docs", assessed a processing fee &, 3 working days later, I picked them up for travel to Panama.  Before leaving the Consulate, always inspect your "docs" for errors/
corrections/changes.  Get a signed, dated receipt.  Preferably pay by cashier's or personal check.  Submit "docs" to your Panamanian lawyer for processing with immigration.  Always discuss lawyers fees, inclusives/non-inclusives.  Some "Pan" lawyers have toll-free phone #'s to the USA, making it easier to conduct business if u return to USA during processing.  If u haven't already researched Panama housing settlements, during processing would be good time to do so.  Rent first & visit many areas of interest.  Decide ahead of time your settlement criteria so as to narrow your search.  Search Internet, get lawyers toll-free phone #'s & start asking your list of ?'s.  Good hunting!
                                 Informatively, beacon