90 day visa

is there a website I can go to where I can download forms for the O non-immigrant visa? What I understand if I get this a visa from the Thai Embassy in Madrid I'll be able to stay in the country for at least 90 days and then be able to extend later. Is that correct? I called to the Thai Embassy a few days ago in Madrid and they were telling me that I probably could mail in the forms by courier and it might take 5 to 7 days. I could not understand where to go to get the forms. So if anyone can help me out I would appreciate that. If I cannot get the visa in time before I leave, what would be the best way of obtaining a visa later for 90 days or longer? As I've stated in a previous post I have funds of $4000 a month that is documented so paying for a service if that's what it takes is not a problem. Thank you very much

The forms are in PDF form on Thai embassy web sites.

An multi-entry O visa will give you up to 15months in Thailand but you need to exit the country every 90 days unless you qualify for a retirement or marriage extension. In this case after extending(any time after 60 days in Thailand) you just report to local immigration office every 90 days.

I'm in a hurry to get to Thailand at this point and right now I'm just waiting for my deposit return of my rent. After that I will make my reservation for the flight to Thailand. If I have much delay in obtaining the 90 day visa in Madrid Spain, I just may fly to Bangkok , take the train to Chiang Mai, and then try to get the 90 day extension in Thailand. I know from reading the other posts that is a little bit more involved to come in with a visa exemption. I don't know how much more involved it would be for me just to come in with out the 90 day visa. What would it cost me to attain a 90 day visa and then later and  get an OA  visa in Thailand? Do you know how to go about doing this?I just got a notarized affidavit from the American embassy certifying my income. Many thanks

Mauricio

You cannot get an O or O-A visa in Thailand(except in very exceptional circumstances which  I cannot detail here).

To get a 90 day retirement extension you need the Visa issued outside Thailand not VOA or Visa exempt.

The Thai Embassies and consulates in the UK issue your visa on the day you visit if you do it personally. Don't know about Spain but CONSULATES are usually more sympathetic than the main embassy.

I don't wish to appear as if I am lecturing you but you really do need to read up on the relevant visas etc.  If the embassy web site is hard going please visit my thailand-blogs.com and click on the Thai Visa link.

It has all the info you need and its in plain English.

mexicomo,

Just come on a Visa on arrival and I can help you with extending your visa. (moderated: no free ads here, please)

Buck Ly

Buck, I am not sure this is very good advice given the circumstances and requirements the OP stated.  Of course you may know ways of converting a VOA to a long term retirement extension that I don't.

As he is in a hurry and cannot do the visa from Spain he can do it in the asian countries surrounding Thailand. Once on a Non-O he can get an Affidavit of Income from from his Embassy and then apply for the 1 year residence visa to stay in Thailand. Once he obtains a 3 months Non-O it would allow him to open a bank account and start showing money in his account before applying for his 1 year. There is no need to pay under the table for anything if you know how the thai system works, they don't tell too much to foreigners because it is easier for the Immigration to make money off the foreigners if they know less. This I know because I speak both English and Thai fluently and I am an USA citizen living and working in Thailand and have delt with the Thai Immigration on many occasions. If you have any questions or concerns just email me and I will be glad to help also.

Regards,
Buck Ly

Hola amigo,

Vienes a Tailandia para trabajar? o para hacer turismo? Si es para hacer turismo o para buscar trabajo, cuando llegues a Tailandia, en el mismo aeropuerto te darán una visa gratis ( sera una estampita en tu pasaporte)que sera valida por dos meses. 

Cuando se te acaben esos dos meses, uno puede ir a la oficina de inmigracion y alli puedes extender tu visa un mes mas pagando mil y pico baths.

Cuando esa extension se termine, puedes ir a Laos a re-hacerte la visa y te daran otros dos meses.

Cuando esos dos meses se terminen, uno se puede ir a la oficina de inmigracion a renovarte la visa por un mes mas.

Cuando se termine ese mes, uno se tiene que ir a cambodia a renovar visa y te daran otros dos mesecillos.

Despues uno puede volver a empezar los pasos desde Laos, y asi hasta que te aburras.

Si pasas de hacer todos esos viajes, simplemente puedes ir a un cursillo de tailandes y hacerte una visa de estudiante que te durara 1 anio entero.

Si vas a trabajar, el trabajo te tiene que dar la visa de non-inmigrant y la visa de trabajo.

:)

Hi LuisF! :) Could you please write in English in the anglophone forum so that other members understand and participate in the discussion. Thank you very much. :)

thetefldon wrote:

An multi-entry O visa will give you up to 15months in Thailand but you need to exit the country every 90 days unless you qualify for a retirement or marriage extension.

Thanks for this information. I'm going to be in Thailand for 4 1/2 months this winter, and as I'm over 50 and in receipt of an occupational pension I think the multi-entry non-immigrant 'O' visa is the one I need. Can you confirm please? If I have to leave Thailand after 90 days, do I have to visit a Thai consulate in a neighbouring country, or is it sufficient that I make a day trip crossing the border and back again, just to get a stamp in my (UK) passport, so that I can remain legally in Thailand for the remaining month and a half of my trip? I expect to be staying near Ranong when my 90 days expires, and I think you used to be able to do a visa run to Victoria Point in Burma. Is this still true? Do you need a visa for Burma if you're only there for the day? If so, how much does it cost?

Grateful for any advice

Bruce

Bruce, I think you have that about right about non-immigrant O. A multi-entry is around £100 but is a lot less hassle.  Get it from the Hull Thai Consulate-very user friendly :-)

You might also check out a double entry tourist visa(currently free in UK).  This would give you 2 x 2 months-appreciate this may not be enough, but you could probably get an extension within Thailand just before it expires at local Thai immigration office(about 2000 Baht).

Alternatively a double entry tourist visa, do two visa runs the second at the end of your tourist visa.  Land border entry will give you 15 days Visa exempt.

As far as I know the Ranong border crossing is alive and well and you pay for a visa to enter Burma at the border.  There are plenty of organised visa runs from Phuket travel here.

My blog has a whole section dedicated to Thai Visa. All the info is there and free.

Thanks Mike

I've just checked out the Thai Embassy website on tourist visas and frankly it's a bit confusing. If I've understood it correctly it looks as if the single entry 60 day tourist visa costs £28 but it's not clear whether it costs more for multiple entries (it does for the non-immigrant visas, so I'd be surprised if it didn't for the tourist visa). I get the impression that any extension to a tourist visa within Thailand would only be granted if the total stay was less than or equal to 90 days, and if that's the case I'd have to make two visa runs to cover my 4 1/2 month trip. Does that sound right to you? By the way, I've heard good things about the Hull consulate but since I live in London I wonder whether it might be best to go to the Embassy so that if they have any quibbles about what I've written on my application form, they can be resolved on the spot

Bruce

Bruce
The Thai embassy web site has been known to have INCORRECT information.

I believe although the tourist visa is free until March 2011 they make an "admin" charge. The tourist visa I was referring to is double entry.  I've just checked the Hull site, Standard Visa Application Pack Download, which has all the info including a triple entry(never heard of that one).

Hull is definitely better than London regarding service, why not give them a ring, they might be able to help.

Mike,

Now you've got me intrigued! Can you remember where you saw the reference to the 60 day tourist visa being free until March 2011? The link to the Standard Visa Application Pack Download you gave in your previous post takes me to a file that mentions a fee of £28 per entry, so for the 3 entries I'd need that would be £84, not a great deal different from the £100 I'd pay for a multi-entry non-immigrant O visa and more hassle in terms of the number of visa runs I'd have to make

Bruce

Bruce
That's easy,  on my blog and every other Thailand blog, since the information is from Thailand, Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok.

Of course this is Thailand(TIT) so Embassies and Consulates seem to be doing their own thing and charging a one off admin fee for the "FREE" visa.

My best advice speak to the Hull consulate. I repeat they are VERY helpful ;-)

Thanks Mike. I'll ring them when they open today

Bruce