Risky decisions that changed my life

As Thomas Elliot, an American-English poet said: "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go". So, I will explain how important risky decisions are on my own example.
First of all, my name is Yuri, I have and I used to live with parents for a long time. Originally I am not from Kiev - I was born in the most Eastern part of Ukraine, city called Lugansk. Now you can learn the complicated way, how people come to be born in Lugansk: my father, who is from Kharkov region, met with my mother in Kiev and she is from Nikolayev region. When they got married, they moved to my grandfather's flat in Lugansk. So, because of my parents' background, I definitely had to return to Kiev one day :)
From my childhood I have learned to make risky, but reasonable decisions. I took part in the exchange programme with little chances to win and was finally chosen to go to study abroad. And I was able to return from Finland without freezing off any part of my body, without passion for vodka and still having made Finnish friends, who like vodka. This was definitely a very risky part of my life :) After that I decided to look for a job in Kiev and stay here. At present have a job that I really like, nice colleagues, good salary and a place to live in. Basically, if I hadn't made this risky decision, you would have never seen me here.
As a conclusion, I can say there are always people satisfied with what they have and unwilling to risk. If you like this way, there is only one problem though: you can't be lazy  throughout your life, can you? So, think about your own life and ask yourself: can I do something risky, but effective to change it for better? Am I ready for this risk? Then, why not try it?

Hello Yuri
I'm Mohammad Kassab from Egypt.
I just wanted to say to you how much I admire what you did in your life because I'm about to make one for my own.
I'm coming to Kiev soon to study & been thinking last while that it might be little late for me after I turned 32 years old.
But, in my heart I know I got to do something to change my whole life.
Wishing you all the best.