Real estate in Ukraine

Hello,

I am looking to move to Ukraine next year and would like to buy my own property or properties. I have looked only briefly online for real estate over there but I can only seem to find English websites that appear to be targeting foreigners who aren't wise about real estate prices in Ukraine by charging at least double what they should be selling for.

Does anyone know of real estate agencies that are online that are genuine and offer the correct prices? I would ideally like to buy in one or more of the following cities: Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Cherkasy, Nikolaev, Kherson or Sumy.

Thank you for any help you can give.

I can help you with real estate in Lviv. What's your budget? Renovated or as is?

Thank you,

Ideally I would like to spend no more than 1,600,000 UAH, but can spend a bit more if needed.

I think I would prefers renovated, presuming that by renovated you mean one that has all the walls, floors and everything else installed as opposed to brand new places that are basically just the concrete shells.

Thanks again for your help.

In Lviv, 60k USD(that's the currency of real estate business) would get you a decent 50-60 sq/m renovated apartment on the outskirts of the city. If you want to be closer to the city center, you are looking at 30 sq/m at best. By renovated I mean a place that has been recently gutted and renovated: new windows, wiring, plumbing, insulations etc. If you are planning to live long tern you want to go for a renovated place as buildings generally age fast because there is very little upkeeping by local LKP(entity that is responsible for housing conditions)

Another option is to purchase an old apartment in city center and renovate it. Prices for unrenovated apartments in old city center can be as low as $700 sq/m.

Sorry, I don't know what the prices are like in other cities.

I am English and I purchased a property in Nikolaev in September 2017. I paid $45k for a 85sqm apartment in a newish development called Riviera...

https://rivieracity.com.ua/

I didn't purchase it new; it had already been completed by the previous owners. As you mentioned, new apartments are just the walls and the windows - everything else needs to be completed by the purchaser. Our apartment had been completed a couple of years earlier, so it is not that old now.

We found the property using the Ukrainian equivalent of RightMove, which is Dom Ria...

https://dom.ria.com/

I had a budget of $50k at the time, which gave me a lot of options in Nikolaev. You have about $5k more than I did, so you should also find plenty of options in Nikolaev too. I don't know about other cities, but I think Odessa would be more expensive and Kherson might be a bit cheaper again.

With regards to the process of buying, I would recommend that you find someone who can help you. I am (now) married to a Ukrainian, so it was fairly easy and quick for me to complete the purchase here.

Thanks very much for the information and sharing your experience.

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : Please note that free advertising is not allowed on Expat.com, please register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Can u tell us about your expirience in Ukraine)