Al Qurayyat (or Al Qurayat)? Any info? ?

Hi everyone!

I am Kierstien, a female coming from the United States, and I have been offered a job working at a women's university with The Oxford Partnership at one of their schools in Al Qurayyat  (I'm not sure how it is spelled). I can't really find much information about this location of Saudi Arabia anywhere.  Can anyone help?  I'd love to know anything as all I know is that it is near Jordan and it seems to not be a big city like Riyadh.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Generally, the far off places lacks good civic sense, acceptance to women or expats for that matter and most importantly health facilties. This is only my opinion and can be thought against. But you should know that living in 3 major cities in saudi defnitely has its perks.

b. wishes

Yep, it's a very small town, the closest major city is like 5-6 hrs drive I believe, you might wanna spend weekends in Jeddah to kill the boredom.

Very conservative town.

I answered in another thread about it...love their airport, it's like a bus station, and very short runway too. That should give you the idea how small the town is.

Im not sure if u will like it or not   :( because it is small town near from Jordan.  I think the city like Jeddah or Al Kober it is better for u cuse both of those city capital city and open mind

best wishes

Small towns or villages are highly conservative (even from Saudi standards), your only interaction would probably be with other teachers for the length of the stay, and none of them may be from the west. Think of all these things before deciding so you wont be shocked when you get here, and it will be too late then.

It's ok is there any tourisme

agottgens wrote:

It's ok is there any tourisme

non

what does TOP offer as far as their packages?

The package for TOP is pretty much the norm fir a female with housing and transportation. It is decent pay. I guess I could just plan to exercise in my apartment and read a lot for a year.  Lol

teacherlady_kp wrote:

The package for TOP is pretty much the norm fir a female with housing and transportation. It is decent pay. I guess I could just plan to exercise in my apartment and read a lot for a year.  Lol

If you can do that, kudos.

teacherlady_kp wrote:

How hard can that be !

I have been there for 4 months, it is the border of Saudi arabia and jorden, not a big city, weather is cool over there. Not so much developed city.

Dear waseem did u have any idia abt indian school or international school plz I nfo me

Hy everyone

Any one know about indian school or international school have a based in quriyat saudi arabia or Not

Please inform me

Hello Mohd. Musheed,

Welcome to expat.com!

Unfortunately Waseem is no longer active and so he might not see your message.

For children of what age are you looking for a school?

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@teacherlady_kp

i am from 15years in Al Qurayyat

I will be hlep you

@lalzada01122 Hello, please note that her post os from 2015 and she has been "absent" from the forum for years now.

I am closing this old thread. Feel free to participate on recent threads on the Saudi Arabia forum.

Thank you

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed