Moving to Quito for three months

Moving to Quito for three months to marry my fiance.  I am American, and he was deported from the US.  Interested in talking to anyone who has gone through this process, as well as anyone in Old Town Quito - thinking of staying in this part of town.  Also, if I can't work, what can I do here?  Other than Spanish classes.  Also, cost of living, or furnished apartment references would be fantastic.

Welcome to Expat-blog,Lehnertm1980 :)

Hope that members soon reply back to you.

Regards,
Sheetul

hey,

there is a lot to do in Quito, you can work as an English teacher (most obvious) or start your own little business or go into real estate...the sky is the limit...

I would not live in the old town...too sketchy at night...I would live in the north by Quicentro Shopping centre...

hope that helps,

Domenick

Quicentro and Park Carolina area overall are as sketchy
as can be at night and even at daytime(Park Carolina).

I can recommend a place outside of Quito 20 minutes.  It is very modern and very safe.  [moderated: ENOUGH!]
It is located in Tumbaco and is a little more country than city.

if you have any street smarts at all, don't be too scared of old town. your spanish will improve much more quickly there also.

Just wondering why Old Town...it's loud and really busy.  You could definitely tutor English, take some dance classes, do amazing hikes, or just volunteer.  Don't know Old Town prices but $300 would probably you'd pay for a place.  Good luck.

Saw someone else's post about Carolina being sketchy.  I wouldn't walk solo much at night but have had no problems living here in La Carolina area, right on the park.

Quito overall is "...too sketchy at night" with a very small exception.
In a daylight one have to be alert and in Centro Historico and in Parque Carolina.