Do we still need our marriage cert to be authenticated here ?

Hi!!!
I just want to ask about my case.
We were married in the Phils.before we got here. We are working in 2 different company and environment but we have our marriage cert from the Philippines. Do we still need our marriage cert to be authenticated here in Saudi?
How?
Thanks..

Hello augustan,

Welcome to expat-blog! :)

A new topic has been created from your post on the Saudi Arabia forum as the thread to which you reacted is an outdated one. You will be more likely to get feedback on this thread.

Have you contacted your embassy yet ?

Best of luck,  ;) 
Bhavna

saudi embassy from phil ...try

Actually Ms. Bhavna me and my wife are already here now in Riyadh. We got married in the Philippines just few days before our flight going here in Riyadh. She's now working in a hospital and I in a privare company.  Im still not able to contact any gov't office regarding this. What we just have now is our marriage cert translated in arabic by one of the Translating office here in Riyadh.
Also, my wife is still not able to use my last name in all her papers and documents like Passport, R.N.License, and other important documents. So im just worried when we are together, that police might caught us coz the only proof we have as couple is our marriage cert original and 1 copy translated in arabic.
Thanks!

Hey c'mon, don't be so scared. You are legally married to her and you have the required document too to prove your statement. Just move confidently wherever you go and keep that document always with you. I don't think there's any reason to worry !!

Cheers

Thanks bro..
I think you're right.. 😃😃😃

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Inappropriate content

here the women do not take the husbands last name anyway. so that is not proof to them that ure married. if you have your certificate from the Philippines keep that on you but contact the embassy you will need to have it attested

uhhh this is crapy advice. you're in noway going to be able to tell the authority to mind their own life as they have a duty to fulfill. 

thunderj wrote:

(Moderated )

thunderj wrote:

(moderated)

Posts such as yours offer no information, are derisive, and are well off topic.
If you continue to post such inane comments then admin are likely to ban you from the forum.

Sir Stumpy i am sorry for that.
I also am not expecting that kind of reply.
Any way, i think i already have the answer i needed, much better if could have authentication from the Phil.embassy here in Riyadh.
Thanks to all
Have a great day!!!

Augustan and Stumpy i'm only just kidding.... to be serious!!!! my advice to you is send you marriage cert. in your country try to please any of your close friend who will going on vacation and contact any of your relatives or family in the Philippines to in-charge your documents in order to process for Saudi Attestation.

Q: Why you need to send it back in the Philippines?
Ans: Because our Embassy here in Riyadh is helpless, if you are attempting to call them the number is always busy and second thing if they are answered you they advice you to went in MOFA here in riyadh without any clarification and procedures.

To save your time:
here's the best way to make it your marriage cert. Authenticated or attested by any official here in Saudi Arabia.

1. like what i said send your documents in the Philippines.
2. Try to Contact your agency in the Philippines because walk-in is not allowed in Saudi Embassy in our country just to pay the agency for the Attestation i think php 800 for the cost (not sure).
3. Once your marriage cert. attested try to please again your relatives to send it to your address via LBC and after a weeks you will received it. note: please don't forget to transcribe your document in Arabic here in Riyadh...

that's it...i hope it will good advice for you men....happy Eid Mubrak any question and clarification just email me be a man bro :):)