In Cairo this week, any tips or fun plans for the weekend?

I stumbled upon this forum and it seems that there are a lot more foreigners in Cairo than I expected, so I thought I would give this a shot.

I come to Cairo often for business. I was born and raised California. I speak both Arabic and English. I am currently in Cairo and looking to meet people to hang out. Anyone interested in doing something today/tonight or tomorrow. As you can imagine, it gets really boring alone.

Oh and if you can't meet or don't want to, any tips for things to do on a Fri. night?

Thanks - Look forward to responses!

Hi cairoonbusiness! Welcome on Expat-blog! :) I have moved the topic on the Cairo forum. I hope you get some nice contacts on the site.

Good luck
Christine

Awesome, thanks!

Hi there,

Sorry, I didn't see your post earlier, perhaps my response will help you for future visits.

If you're interested in seeing Cairo with an Egyptian, who does different outings then you may want to join the facebook group 'Weekend Trips'. They are always doing something fun. Next weekend I'm heading out with them to sandboard.

Where do you stay when you are here?
Zamalek is a great place for going out.
you have, La Bodega (restuarant/bar), Sequoia (restaurant on the nile), Harry's Pub at the Mariot Hotel in Zamalek.