Timeline for Stage 1

Hi All,

Does anyone have idea of how long it will take for stage 1 approval for employment pass? My employer is having MSC status in Malaysia. So does it make any difference in the timelines of getting the approval?

Regards,
Subu

Its Ramadan so it will be slower. I would say 3-6 weeks as long as the company has quota available etc.

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks for the reply. They have applied to MeDC centre. will it also take same time to get approved? What I observed is only company with MSC status can apply through MeDC and it will lesser time to get approved. Sorry to bother you much as I have to plan my travel accordingly. And also what is the difference between applying the employment pass in Malaysia immigration and applying in MeDC center?

The first stage requires a committee to meet and process an application from a company to hire a foreigner. In the case of your line of work, MeDC is the entity that approves the hiring. The next step is for immigration to approve the candidate i.e. the candidate meets the general immigration rules. Once all that is done, the Stage 1 is complete and the recruitment can go ahead. This can be the issuing of a visa with reference by the nearest Malaysian High Commission. This route requires submission of passport for the visa to be entered.

As you can probably see, there are lots of variables and its impossible to say how long it will take. Last minute booking with Air Asia if you are served by them is usually inexpensive.