Why don't they use the baby chair????

Can anyone explain to me why parents/adults do not use the baby chairs for their children while driving?

The other day I saw a girl seated on the car window, with her body outside the car, on the drivers side and we were in 11 of June!!!!

Don't adults think this is dangerous? I've seen some really irresponsible attitudes regarding childrens safety...

Where is all this love they have for children when they are driving?????

Man, you've touched a subject that I really want to vent about, as a friend of mine experienced it in Libya. mp_garcia, Let me tell you a real case (this is not a lie as my friend suffered) you mentioned the 11 june road, well this friend of mine who was an expat just like all of us was driving on the freeway and he witnessed a similar scenario as you did the difference was it was an 8 yr old boy on the passenger seat pulling half of his body out from the window of the car while the mother was driving on the freeway!!! (The 8 yr old boy and his mother were locals BTW just for those who are thinking they could've been expats). Anyway my friend was driving behind that car and all of a sudden the impossible happened, the kid lost balance fell from the car window (he fell off at 30KM/H car speed) and his legs hit my friends car who was driving right behind, both cars came to a halt at the 4th lane on the freeway (They were driving on the 3rd lane BTW obviously with that speed). This is where the mother becomes a REAL B***H she starts screaming, crying, and shouting in arabic to my friend who stopped to see if the kid was alright, apparently the kid was unable to move his left leg and later came to know from the hospital that it was broken.

Now it gets ugly, from that moment on it was a living hell here for my friend to be honest. The mother of the kid complained to the authorities that it was the Expat's fault as he was driving above the speed limit on the 3rd lane of the freeway, when my friend was actually driving with a distance behind the car infront of him. Now, because the expat's car was a company car, with foreign number plates and company sticker to the side (this is where the mother becomes greedy and forgets about her kid and possibly everything except for MONEY) she tells the authorities to tell the expat to pay her for the damages caused to her son and guess what she asked for 50,000 LYD yes 50,000...to cut the long story short the company who my friend workedand my friend dealt with 8 months of living hell because of this incident. In the end the company paid the amount to the lady and my friend was freed, it was that day he left for good and never wished to return.

I am not saying this happens quite often but people be very careful on the roads because with incidents like these you're only welcoming hell and nothing else. It pis*es me off and surely other expats becuase it was not my friend's fault, the B***H needs to be vigilant and careful enough to take care of her kid while driving, if she has taken the decision to ride him on the passenger seat with the glass of window wide open!!!

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!! That's a very scary story, I better be extra carefull when I see such things and stay away...

Moral is - if you're in an accident, don't stop.

Unless of course it's to put the car in reverse and go back over em...

Sorry.  Happy little soul today..

Mudman wrote:

Moral is - if you're in an accident, don't stop.

Totally!

When it comes to careless attitude, heres another example..children being left, unattended, in car, closed windows ...car parked under blazing sun..no shadow.. Can you imagine how hot it can get in the month of July?!!!!!!

This happened here.. the baby was crying horribly when my friend stopped by..it was sweating real bad..froth over lips...he got shit scared..asked people[ who were sipping coffee btw] around if they have seen the father/mother exiting the vehicle..They directed him to a building...eventually found the father..and the baby was taken to hospital..dont know the rest..I guess people just lack common sense...How many kids will have to die to make them understand whats wrong.. If you cant take care of your kids, easy way out-> Dont effing have them in the first place!

To me it's a case of pure psychopaths!

FireFox wrote:

Man, you've touched a subject that I really want to vent about, as a friend of mine experienced it in Libya. mp_garcia, Let me tell you a real case............

I know one expat who also faced same situation - a child fell off the window of a driving car just infront of his car. Thank God he could stop his car. And thank God Parents did not blame him.

Masterr wrote:
FireFox wrote:

Man, you've touched a subject that I really want to vent about, as a friend of mine experienced it in Libya. mp_garcia, Let me tell you a real case............

I know one expat who also faced same situation - a child fell off the window of a driving car just infront of his car. Thank God he could stop his car. And thank God Parents did not blame him.

Now isn't that crazy and horrific, it's like throwing a football off the window of a driving car!!!